Naked Nexus?

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys use your Nexus naked? It looks so sleek and elegant without a case, and the premium feel is so great. All of that is spoiled with a case. Do you really feel that your Nexus is at great risk being naked?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

n3wDaddy77

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Definitely! It's so slippery to be used without a case; more so than any other smartphone I've owned thus far.

As soon as I was able, I slapped mine in a case. Nothing incredibly thick, but something that would protect the screen and shell if I every dropped it.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys use your Nexus naked? It looks so sleek and elegant without a case, and the premium feel is so great. All of that is spoiled with a case. Do you really feel that your Nexus is at great risk being naked?

I got a wallet case...love it

Posted via the Android Central App

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a few cases and wouldn't think of using it without one.

I love it when people say they don't want to cover up such a beautiful phone. Fine, but I didn't realize people sat around all day staring at their phone like a sensual object. Besides that, no one gives a rats behind what phone you have and how "beautiful" it is. People are getting carried away with this gadget thing. Pretty soon there will be cell phone beauty contests, right up there in importance with 4yr old girl beauty pageants.

Besides protection, I've seen some cases that actually make the phone look better in my opinion. And if you're that much into showing off your phone like a trophy wife, you could always get a clear case so the "beauty" can shine through and the world will fall at your feet for owning such a marvelous and breathtaking device. Make sure to have a towel handy so you can clean up the drool from everyone lucky enough to gaze upon the wonder known as NEXUS 6!

Carry on.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Naked all the way! Cases just add bulk to something that is on the verge of being too big anyway. Only time I use a case is when I run. I'm really careful with my phones, never shattered a screen before, so I always go naked.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the fosmon with the cut out for the Motorola symbol. Nice grip with decent protection and minimal bulk added

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I went naked for a little bit and I regret it. I was placing my phone in my pocket when I was getting out the car but I missed my pocket. I saw my phone literally bounce up off the parking lot pavement and land face down. The glass wasn't shattered but it has a few indentions now. Only thing that hurts is the resale value but it's just a reminder that I need a case.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Definitely! It's so slippery to be used without a case; more so than any other smartphone I've owned thus far.

As soon as I was able, I slapped mine in a case. Nothing incredibly thick, but something that would protect the screen and shell if I every dropped it.

Agreed; way to slippery and difficult to hold on to. I've tried a couple of cases but settled on this one: SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for Motorola Nexus 6

Not surprising; I have always liked Seidio cases and have used them on many devices over the years.

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I love being naked, it's so freeing and... Oh my phone...
Yes, I keep my Nexus naked. It's a huge phone and a case will only make it that much bigger. Although, I had a gnex before this and took off the case after a few weeks. Its a beautiful phone and I love showing it off. Naked for me!

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Definitely a controversial topic, in one hand, the protection is very important, sacrificing aesthetics, weight, etc. And in the other hand the look and feel of this phone is so great. Not trying to appear superficial nor shallow but part of the experience of having such an advanced phone is to enjoy it's form and perhaps showing it off a little. For example in my case, I don't like to wear fancy watches or jewelry but a nice sleek advanced phone. But in the end both considerations (and many others) are important too.

lukejwalka23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped phones enough (maybe once or twice over that particular phone's lifetime and never broken a screen though) to know that a case is well worth dealing with over the risk of possibly messing something up...especially if you plan to resell a phone after its use.

Posted via my Moto Nexus 6 (Terminus/Franco) on VZW

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought this case from Amazon. It is partially frost and partially clear. The back Motorola logo is visible and you can enjoy the beauty of the back of the phone through it. After looking at all the different ones, this one shines the beauty through.

TUDIA Ultra Slim LITE TPU Bumper Protective Case for Google Nexus 6 (Clear)

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I use a case by Supcase. It is so minimal and yet enough to get a little more grip to the phone. Love this phone but I hate how slippery it is. FYI I got the case for like $5 on amazon

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Although a case doesn't add much is adds something. The phone feels great naked and around the house that's how I like her. But when we go out I definitely put something on for protection. I already have a micro ding on the bottom from a two foot fall that only I'd notice. Almost broke my heart.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech