Interruptions

Joshua Frey

May 12, 2015
Visit site
So I've been trying to make my phone have absolutely no interruptions M-F 830am-630pm,and then the rest of the time have priority interruptions only. There does not seem to be a way for this to be done automatically, even with quiet time hours. Am I missing something, or do I need to download a third party app to manage this?

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Settings>Sound & notification>Interruptions> Turn on Events and reminders, Calls and Messages, select who you want them from if anyone, select the Days you want that to occur, the start time as 8:30 a.m. and end time as 6:30 p.m.

Then exit out. push the volume down button, choose "Priority". That will set your notifications for every other time and day.

I think that should do it for you.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So I've been trying to make my phone have absolutely no interruptions M-F 830am-630pm,and then the rest of the time have priority interruptions only. There does not seem to be a way for this to be done automatically, even with quiet time hours. Am I missing something, or do I need to download a third party app to manage this?
You're best bet is to use a third-party application, such as Tasker, to automate those quiet times. You can find Tasker for free here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&token=Il3u8rcQ

Let us know if that helps, or if you have any other questions.

Edit: Thank you, Cincybearcatfan! OP, let us know if you have any questions.

Joshua Frey

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey, thanks for your responses. I tried the quiet time exactly like you suggested, and my phone rang, so that doesn't seem to be working. I would just have it as starred contacts only, but when I'm not at work, and it's still on priority interruptions only (quiet time or not), it won't ring at all. I need to have no interruptions at work, and receive calls and messages when I'm not.

Tasker, unfortunately, is $2.99 now, it may not have been in the past. Currently, I don't have the money to pay that, though I may purchase it in the future.

Are there any other free third party apps that can manage my quiet times?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey, thanks for your responses. I tried the quiet time exactly like you suggested, and my phone rang, so that doesn't seem to be working. I would just have it as starred contacts only, but when I'm not at work, and it's still on priority interruptions only (quiet time or not), it won't ring at all. I need to have no interruptions at work, and receive calls and messages when I'm not.

Tasker, unfortunately, is $2.99 now, it may not have been in the past. Currently, I don't have the money to pay that, though I may purchase it in the future.

Are there any other free third party apps that can manage my quiet times?
Sorry about that, you are right - the referenced link above is for the paid version. I thought it was offered for free as a trial through the Play Store. However, if you look at the description the developer provides a trial version on his/her website for the application. It's a 7-day trial that will expire if not renewed, and needs to be side loaded. Instructions to install are provided on the webpage.

Good luck!

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm confused, this just sounds like you want your phone off while at work and on when you're not. and, when you decide to turn your phone back on after work hours then set it to priority interruptions only. Why make something so simple so complicated. Many of us can not have our phones on at work, so just shut it off or leave it in the car.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused, this just sounds like you want your phone off while at work and on when you're not. and, when you decide to turn your phone back on after work hours then set it to priority interruptions only. Why make something so simple so complicated. Many of us can not have our phones on at work, so just shut it off or leave it in the car.

However, if you want to be complicated, hit your volume button and set it to no interruptions for 8 hours, then set to priority mode at the end of your day. just remember to set who can contact you and how. Using Downtime in your case is a little drawn out, because every evening you will need to go back into interruptions to change who can reach you in priority mode. i still like my first suggestion best... phone completely off while at work, then hit priority mode when you're off work.

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

That's not at all what he's saying.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I guess if you want no interruptions you can only set up to 8 hours automatically using this feature.The only way I know of using this feature that comes with the phone would to set it indefinitely for no interruptions and change it manually to priority.I dont think it will change automatically from no interruptions to priority on its own.
I dont know if there is a third party app to do what you want, except a Tasker type app as mentioned by srkmagnus

Last edited:

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
That's not at all what he's saying.

Posted via the Android Central App

O.P.:So I've been trying to make my phone have absolutely no interruptions M-F 830am-630pm,and then the rest of the time have priority interruptions only. There does not seem to be a way for this to be done automatically, even with quiet time hours. Am I missing something, or do I need to download a third party app to manage this?

Myself: I'm confused, this just sounds like you want your phone off while at work and on when you're not. And, when you decide to turn your phone back on after work hours, then set it to priority interruptions only. Why make something so simple so complicated? Many of us can not have our phones on at work anyway, so just shut it off or leave it in the car.

What did i miss other than automatically? And, trying to set up automatic time frames is just way more complicated than just powering the phone down at work and then powering back up when he gets off. Saves battery and solves the problem. I just don't think it gets any easier without adding another app to do something that's really unnecessary considering the really simple option. No?

Last edited: