Notifications not popping up during use

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey there guys

Just recently reset my phone, and am now noticing that the notifications are not popping up like they are supposed to when you are browsing the web and a text arrives. They just go to the notification bar and I do not get a choice to swipe them up or away. Any ideas on how to possibly fix that.

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey there guys

Just recently reset my phone, and am now noticing that the notifications are not popping up like they are supposed to when you are browsing the web and a text arrives. They just go to the notification bar and I do not get a choice to swipe them up or away. Any ideas on how to possibly fix that.

If you go to Settings > Sound & notification > Interruptions does it say "Always interrupt" under "When calls and notifications arrive"? If not you can change that by clicking there. Options are "Always interrupt" / "Allow only priority interruptions" / "Don't interrupt"

Taking a stab at this one since I haven't had this problem.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Just checked its already set to always interrupt. It's frustrating cause they just pop up in the notification bar and not pop up with an option to dismiss them or reply.

Posted via the Android Central App

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I figured out what it was after some testing. I have no idea why, but when I restored my texts using SMS backup and restore after resetting my device something messed with the cache of the app or during the app update process something must not have went right cause after clearing the messenger app cache, the notifications work fine now.

Posted via the Android Central App

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Well it seems that I am having this issue again. It seems like the only app that is currently displaying incoming notifications properly is the messenger app, every other notification goes straight to my status bar, and I do not get a dynamic floating preview of the notification like it should. Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to troubleshoot this? For anyone who doesnt know what Im after, heres a video I could find that kind of shows how the new notification should be handled. Fast forward to about 15 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7cqakkh4Y

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech