google fi invite

avoidtheecho

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So when you sign up all they ask is if you have service in your area by inputting your zip and for you email. They dont actually ask if you already have the Nexus 6. Ive been browsing around online and I see a lot of people signing up but then go on to say im not buying a Nexus 6 though. So if all these people are signing up without the Nexus 6 and then getting an invite, its just making it harder for people like me who actually own the phone and want to use the service. Google shouldve made people put their imei number from their phone in so those people would get picked for to try out the service.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Whaddayagonnado? People are dopes.

I'd've used a different d-word, but it just would've come out all asterisks, anyways.

It is weird, though. I didn't even know that you could request an invite. I guess I was giving Google too much credit. I was assuming that Nexus 6 owners would get their invites directly through their phones somehow, like via SMS. I guess they're not quite up to Forbin Project status yet.

clairez1

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
The invitation process that Google uses for Project Fi is largely unknown. There is a lot of speculation but few facts. Here is what I have determined through my research. The only people I have found (3) that have actually received an invitation (and posted their experience) and started the service, have some common traits:

1. They knew someone at Google and were added to a friends and family list of the Google employee.
2. They chose to purchase a Nexus 6 through Project Fi.
3. Live in a metropolitan area.

From this I am making the assumption that Google is picking new customers who will purchase a Nexus 6 with their Project Fi subscription. More sales, more profits, Google is all about generating revenue! They also want testers who are loyal to Google and live in areas where cell coverage (Sprint/TMobile) is better.

There is also a lot of chatter about the Project Fi sim cards for existing Nexus 6 owners being in short supply or simply not available. There is also the opinion that the sim cards are and have been available, but Google is first, only sending invitations based on the purchase of a new Nexus 6 through Project Fi. They are requiring a completed questionnaire after the initial selection, which asks the question about an existing Nexus 6 or a new purchase through Project Fi.

Of course, most of this is pure speculation. After all, it is Google's project and they can set the standards anyway they choose. Most of us, who are existing Nexus 6 owners, and are interested in Project Fi, will have to wait patiently. The "Golden Rule", he who has the gold, rules, in this case Google.

Hope this helps ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12