If I buy the Google Nexus 6 from the Google Store, will it work on Verizon LTE, or will it only work with Sprint or T-Mobile?
    05-15-2015 08:03 AM
    Too my knowledge it will. Just like Google fi will work as well with the Verizon Nexus
    05-15-2015 08:19 AM
    It works on Verizon just fine. They're all the same device. My 64 GB Nexus 6 works perfectly on Verizon; I transferred in a SIM from my old Moto X.
    05-15-2015 08:20 AM
    Wanted to add to my last post....Not sure the reason why you might be going to the Google Play store to buy it but, from my past dealings with Verizon, it might be less frustration to buy directly from Verizon. Some of the CSR's lack skills. Whenever, I have had something that needs to be resolved, it usually takes 2 to 3 calls and in some cases, contacting the corporate office. To give you an idea, I bought my N6 from Verizon and decided to get it on the Edge program knowing that I would pay the device off after 60 days. I paid it off in full and they still show me under contract. Hopefully, my 3rd call to a supervisor will get it fixed. If not, I will go to Corporate to get it fixed.
    05-15-2015 08:39 AM
    Wanted to add to my last post....Not sure the reason why you might be going to the Google Play store to buy it but, from my past dealings with Verizon, it might be less frustration to buy directly from Verizon. Some of the CSR's lack skills. Whenever, I have had something that needs to be resolved, it usually takes 2 to 3 calls and in some cases, contacting the corporate office. To give you an idea, I bought my N6 from Verizon and decided to get it on the Edge program knowing that I would pay the device off after 60 days. I paid it off in full and they still show me under contract. Hopefully, my 3rd call to a supervisor will get it fixed. If not, I will go to Corporate to get it fixed.
    If you want 64GB, you buy from the Google Play store or from Motorola directly. The carriers only have the 32GB model. I've been using an unlocked (from Motorola) phone with a Verizon sim from Day 1. As stated, all of the phones from the Google store or from the carriers are identical hardware (other than storage size).
    05-15-2015 08:46 AM
    I wanted to buy from the Play Store because I wanted to buy it outright, sans contract of any sort. I planned to taked it into my local Verizon store and have them disable my current Droid RAZR MAXX and enable the new Nexus 6. I plan to use my Droid as my "insurance" policy rather than to pay month in and month out for Assurian or whatever.

If you want 64GB, you buy from the Google Play store or from Motorola directly. The carriers only have the 32GB model. I've been using an unlocked (from Motorola) phone with a Verizon sim from Day 1. As stated, all of the phones from the Google store or from the carriers are identical hardware (other than storage size).
    This was another possibility, even though I haven't even come close to maxing out the 32GB on my present Droid Razr Maxx. Then too, I haven't downloaded much of my own music from my Google Music account which I could do with 64GB.
    05-15-2015 09:21 AM
    I too had considered the 64gb droid turbo over the 32gb n6 and was concerned over the lack of space. I was surprised at how little space the operating system used. I stream my own music through google music and also store my pictures in the cloud.

Your needs might be different then mine.
    05-15-2015 09:46 AM
    If you want to walk into a VZW store with your newly shipped Nexus and get it activated with a brand new number/or SIM card, you 'might' have issues. VZW will activate phones with IMEI numbers that come from the Google Play store or from VZW only. If you order from Motorola, or have a phone coming from the other carriers... you might hit a roadblock.

If you have a Nexus 6 from Motorola (or Tmobile or AT&T), and already have a VZW nano sim with your phone number, the network itself will not whitelist you. Simply pop your VZW sim in, turn it on, and the phone activates onto the network just fine. The ONLY caveat will be if you need to make any changes to your account. When you log into the My Verizon website, your phone will show as 'unsupported' or 'unknown'. Because of this, I'd hold on to your old VZW phone, and if/when you ever need to make changes to your account, you can simply pop the sim back into your old VZW phone, log back into the website, and make your changes. Then go back to the Nexus when you're done.
    05-15-2015 10:00 AM
    If you want to walk into a VZW store with your newly shipped Nexus and get it activated with a brand new number/or SIM card, they won't be helpful. VZW will activate phones with IMEI numbers that come from the Google Play store or from VZW only. If you order from Motorola, or have a phone coming from the other carriers... you might hit a roadblock.

If you have a Nexus 6 from Motorola (or Tmobile or AT&T), and already have a VZW nano sim with your phone number, the network itself will not whitelist you. Simply pop your VZW sim in, turn it on, and the phone activates onto the network just fine. The ONLY caveat will be if you need to make any changes to your account. When you log into My Verizon, your phone will show as 'unsupported' or 'unknown'. Because of this, I'd hold on to your old VZW phone, and if/when you ever need to make changes to your account, you can simply pop the sim back into your old VZW phone, log back into the website, and make your changes. Then go back to the Nexus when you're done.
    OK, trying to grok this...can I simply take the SIM in my current Verizon Droid Razr Maxx and put it in my new Nexus 6 then to switch phones?

Please forgive my lack of education in cellular tech...
    05-15-2015 10:15 AM
    OK, trying to grok this...can I simply take the SIM in my current Verizon Droid Razr Maxx and put it in my new Nexus 6 then to switch phones?

No, the maxx uses a micro Sim, the N6 uses a nano Sim. You could cut the dim down, or go to a Verizon store and ask for a nano Sim.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2015 10:19 AM

I believe that the Droid Razr Maxx is a micro-SIM and I know the Nexus is a nano-SIM. In that case, you'd need to use a SIM cutter tool to make bring it down to the nano size.
    05-15-2015 10:22 AM
    No, the maxx uses a micro Sim, the N6 uses a nano Sim. You could cut the dim down, or go to a Verizon store and ask for a nano Sim.

Posted via the Android Central App
    OK, that makes sense. Sort of like the different SD card configurations. Thanks folks!

Edit: Looks like it might be easiest to just buy the thing outright at a Verizon store.
    05-15-2015 10:22 AM
    OK, that makes sense. Sort of like the different SD card configurations. Thanks folks!

Edit: Looks like it might be easiest to just buy the thing outright at a Verizon store.
    If you can get by with 32GB, then going with Verizon is probably the better option for less headaches down the road.
    05-15-2015 11:04 AM
    If you haven't bought one yet go to tmobile and buy it the same phone and they're offering it $100 off or you can go to Best Buy and they will match the price
    05-15-2015 11:42 AM
    I bought my 64 Gig N6 from Google. My Verizon store did activate it for me with a new sim. I told them I bought it from Google because Verizon did not offer the 64 version. He said they did but you had to order it from a store. You can try that, then the other issues with non Verizon device will not apply.
    05-15-2015 01:48 PM