Are we getting 5.1.1 soon?

bbdub

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I would love for mine to get an update off of 5.0! Bought from the Google store and have not received an update. Called and they said nothing was wrong the updates just have not pushed to me yet.

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I picked up my Nexus 6 at a T-Mobile store this past Friday and it had the 5.1 update waiting to download straight out of the box.

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd update, yes. But I never seem to get these update notifications, though, sadly. Hopefully with 5.1.1 I do and won't have to resort to sideloading

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'd update, yes. But I never seem to get these update notifications, though, sadly. Hopefully with 5.1.1 I do and won't have to resort to sideloading

I'm in the same boat. It would nice to receive an OTA update. Side load works. Bit there is always a chance of breaking something.

64GB Beast

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought 5.1.1 was only for tablets...will the nexus 6 get this update?

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks. Been seeing rumors about 5.1.1 coming out soon. Would you update?

Yup , I will update as soon as the update is available for my phone (N6).
I probably wont side load it or anything but will though the system update, as 5.1 has been running fine for me :)

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
YOu beat me to the punch, I was just about to come post that.....Yeah so hey I guess it is for phones as well.
What's interesting is that an older model Nexus got it before or at least at the same time as a newer one... Are they bypassing 5.1.1 for the N6?
I probably wont side load it or anything but will though the system update, as 5.1 has been running fine for me :)
Yeah, same here. I'm in no rush to update, so I'll wait it out till the max :)

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Me, too. Unless someone reports that 5.1.1 contains a bonafide-onceandforall-nolie-guaranteed-hey,whywouldwelisaboutthis?-final fix for that proximity sensor BS. Then I might consider sideloading.

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Think the n6 update was held back because T-Mobile was trying to get their Wi-Fi calling working.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Think the n6 update was held back because T-Mobile was trying to get their Wi-Fi calling working.

No, T-Mobile wifi calling is working alright. They should have just waited until after the holiday weekend, like Sprint. Kind of silly to push an OTA update when most of your support staff's not on the job.

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

No, T-Mobile wifi calling is working alright. They should have just waited until after the holiday weekend, like Sprint. Kind of silly to push an OTA update when most of your support staff's not on the job.
I think they meant that they were waiting on T-Mobile to release the OTA. Cuz, notice, as soon ad they do, Sprint is right at their heels

Sent from my Nexus 6 on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think they meant that they were waiting on T-Mobile to release the OTA. Cuz, notice, as soon ad they do, Sprint is right at their heels

Sent from my Nexus 6 on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

Anyone know which one is safer to flash onto a vzw Nexus 6. Sprint or T-Mobile version?