ATT to Verizon LTE OK, No CDMA. Error: Selected network (Verizon) Unavailable

Jsong13

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I recently switched over from ATT to Verizon. Did it all at the store. Oddly, Im getting LTE but no cell signal (Im assuming CDMA)

Got my unlock code from ATT, entered it once I popped in the Verizon sim.

My network settings are:
Preferred Network: LTE / CDMA System Select: Change the CDMA roaming mode (This only has Home only and Automatic as selections) Access Point Name: LTE - Verizon Internet (VZWINTERNET)
Sim is activated, IMEI is recognized as a Nexus 6 (even if it was non -vzw).
Customer Service center is telling me that they might have to flash Vzw software onto my phone to force it to be compatible.
I was reading online that people have taken currently active sim cards from older VZW devices (e.g. MotoX or something) and its simple plug and play.
I already did a factory reset on my device and no dice.
Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon Tech is willing to flash a Verizon ROM to the phone, it's their responsibility if anything goes wrong (as long as you don't sign anything that says that they're not responsible - either they know what they're doing and are responsible, or they don't know what they're doing) - so let them.

(Factory Reset really means "Remove anything I've typed in or downloaded since the phone came out of the box".)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think one carrier software could be flashed onto another carrier phone.

AT&T decided they could roll back and upgrade on my Note 2 and I already knew they couldn't and they didn't listen and bricked my phone. They had to replace it.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
You have to have a sim card up and running on another phone. Then put it in a non Verizon N6 I order to get this to work. Better of selling it then buying a Verizon model or trading it for one

Posted via the Android Central App

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think one carrier software could be flashed onto another carrier phone.

AT&T decided they could roll back and upgrade on my Note 2 and I already knew they couldn't and they didn't listen and bricked my phone. They had to replace it.
With a Nexus you can run anything that is on the Nexus 6 download site, unless it says only for X provider, no matter what the carrier it will work it may not be optimal but it will work.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#shamu

Sent from my Nexus 6