LG G4 looks interesting

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I had Note 4 (now back in the box) just a week ago before I switched over to Nexus 6. And one thing I know for sure, I will NOT go back to the dark side. Forget about all the extra features other phones have. For me, it's all about the pure android software experience. There is no other phone on the market that does that better than the nexus line. PERIOD.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong it's a nice phone, but no way am I switching to a non-nexus device. The ability to customize a nexus phone is unmatched by any other. The dev support for nexus phones is crazy good, and there are countless roms and tweaks available. A pure Android experience and a Google sanctioned device is the way to go for me. If I want a few bells and whistles, I can always install a custom rom and still have a stock looking phone. Plus, I couldn't use a smaller phone after getting used to the 6" screen.

Performance wise, the G4 won't be any better. The Nexus 6 is still at or near the top in pure speed. But you need to make up your own mind.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong it's a nice phone, but no way am I switching to a non-nexus device. The ability to customize a nexus phone is unmatched by any other. The dev support for nexus phones is crazy good, and there are countless roms and tweaks available. A pure Android experience and a Google sanctioned device is the way to go for me. If I want a few bells and whistles, I can always install a custom rom and still have a stock looking phone. Plus, I couldn't use a smaller phone after getting used to the 6" screen.

Performance wise, the G4 won't be any better. The Nexus 6 is still at or near the top in pure speed. But you need to make up your own mind.

I agree and the only thing compelling imho is the camera

Posted via the Android Central App

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure G4 will be a nice phone. I had the G3 before the Nexus 6 I loved it but with that said my Nexus 6 is the fastest and smoothest phone I have ever used. For now I dont see a phone I end trade it for.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
But is it better than Nexus 6?

depends if you're willing to replace stock for that camera and replaceable battery. I think ultimately that's what it comes down to.

personally, I'm not buying anything til I see what the Moto X and Nexus 2015 look like.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The camera is what's tempting me. Especially with my first kid on the way! I don't do flashing or any of that stuff, but I have enjoyed this phone. It's my first Nexus.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The camera is what's tempting me. Especially with my first kid on the way! I don't do flashing or any of that stuff, but I have enjoyed this phone. It's my first Nexus.

I recently bought a Fujifilm x-a2. It's an amazing mirrorless camera. If you're just needing a good camera go with that.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently bought a Fujifilm x-a2. It's an amazing mirrorless camera. If you're just needing a good camera go with that.

Well of course I could buy a camera, but I'm thinking of something I would have on me all the time.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I work for Sprint, currently have a Nexus 6, and I'll be getting the LG G4 this week. I'll be able to provide some feedback once I get used to the device.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I work for Sprint, currently have a Nexus 6, and I'll be getting the LG G4 this week. I'll be able to provide some feedback once I get used to the device.

I'll be looking forward to your input!

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I'd be interested as well just comparing two amazing phones.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes I know...I take my camera everywhere pretty much because it's pretty compact.

Yea I had been thinking about a Sony RX100 or the Canon that came out that was pretty similar, but I don't have the funds or the pocket space for that!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The G4 is the only device I would currently consider other than my N6 (since the Moto X is a bit small for my tastes), but the lack of stock Android is what kills it for me. Otherwise personally I'd be in agony trying to decide between the two.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have both the Nexus 6 and the LG G4.(H815)
I am using the N6 on verizon, and the G4 on At&t.(go phone plan)
I have had my Nexus 6 since April 25th and the G4 since May 26th
Both are great devices,for myself I cant see getting rid of the N6.
Both run smooth and the LG G4 H815 has no carrier bloat
I admit I haven't had taken many pics with either phone so haven't done a camera comparison.
It looks like I will be keeping them both :) lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams