Photos App ?

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering, my 7 year old now uses my Nexus 7, I want to delete all the images that are in the photos app. I currently have sync turned off. If I delete all images from the Nexus 7 will they also get deleted from my Nexus 6 photos app and Chromebook etc?

In thinking but but want to make sure.

Thanks guys

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The new photos app gives you a warning about which copies will get deleted. Safest bet is to clear the app data and keep sync off.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much Clocks , I also force stopped and disabled the app.....and I now don't even see it in the app drawer.

His mom and I are separated , he takes the Nexus 7 there, doing this is one less potential headache.... Lol

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Probably safer to create a new account for him on the 7 then. Wouldn't take much to get back into your photos (or email, or hangouts, or search history, or location history, or YouTube watch history).

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Very true, I would do a factory reset, backup and just make a new account?, all his stuff would then come back ?

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So in existing state I added him as a user , had to create a gmail account, I used an obscure one as to not take his name for future use....am now backing up to that account and resting..... Thanks for the help.... Google makes this stuff easy