Audio/Sound Issues, Software or Hardware?

c0wb0ycliche

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey, got a Nexus 6, not sure if it's defective or just a software bug.

In Unreal engine games, sound effects are distorted and sound slowed down. It's most evident in Mortal Kombat and Dark Meadows. In MK every normal attack has the effect. I only hear the distortion with the external speakers, not with headphones or over Bluetooth. I also noticed the screen lock sound is strangely... broken sounding?

But here is the weird part- in all other scenarios the sound is fine. Other games sound fine even on max volume, music sounds fine, calls, ringtones etc.

It seems bizarre that a hardware problem with the speaker would only happen in these circumstances, but I don't know why it is fine in everything else.

I just got the phone so I'm sure I can exchange it, but if it's just a bug I'd rather not go through the hassle. Help!

Fwiw, I tried enabling the older (not NuPlayer) option in developer options and the issue persisted.

c0wb0ycliche

May 24, 2014
Visit site
So I tried looking up an HD video of Mortal Kombat on Android from the device... and it doesn't make the same distortion. Leading me to think it must be software? No?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21