Thinking About Dbrand Skin BUT have concerns about it leaving any sticky residue when peeling it off

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Would like to try one of Dbrand skins but have concerns about it leaving any sticky residue when peeling it off down the road. Anyone here have experience with peeling the skin off after few months and did that leave any residue?

Thanks!

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Thinking About Dbrand Skin BUT

It doesn't leave a residue. I've removed it months later and it came out clean

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Would like to try one of Dbrand skins but have concerns about it leaving any sticky residue when peeling it off down the road. Anyone here have experience with peeling the skin off after few months and did that leave any residue?

Thanks!

I was thinking about getting the Dbrand skin as well. My only concern would be my patience level with applying it to the phone. I have seen videos where the person to do it on camera and just ends up showing you the end result. Then they will admit that it is not as easy as they thought.

Posted from my Nexus 6

joe_m_p

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the Dbrand skin as well. My only concern would be my patience level with applying it to the phone. I have seen videos where the person to do it on camera and just ends up showing you the end result. Then they will admit that it is not as easy as they thought.

Posted from my Nexus 6

I purchased one from SlickWraps that had a cut out for the 'Nexus' and 'M' logo and let me tell you, between those two cut outs and the one for the mic, none of them line up with one another. They have an 'oops' warranty so I got a second skin for free ($3 shipping) and that one had the same issue. Would like to try a Dbrand skin but am worried about the same thing happening.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I ordered mine this morning. I'll report back when I apply it to the phone. Fingers crossed things will go smooth!

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

I want one but I have hard enough time applying screen protectors. I can't imagine the difficulty with DBrand.

64GB Beast

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I purchased one from SlickWraps that had a cut out for the 'Nexus' and 'M' logo and let me tell you, between those two cut outs and the one for the mic, none of them line up with one another. They have an 'oops' warranty so I got a second skin for free ($3 shipping) and that one had the same issue. Would like to try a Dbrand skin but am worried about the same thing happening.

My slickwraps skin lined up perfectly. Only reason I never tried dbrand is because their skins only cover the front and back. Slickwraps also includes some for the sides.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I tried a Slickwraps for my Nexus 6 and it was pretty bad. Especially when you consider price. The sides were impossible to apply. They just curl and will not lay flat no matter what you do. They also felt very rough and created an edge that was bothersome since the phone design is so smooth. The "leather" back is more like sandpaper than leather. The Nexus cutout was not cut out very well. There was material remaining in the cutout. It adheres really strong and it is also very difficult to remove without stretching it. I ended up tossing the sides and just using the back part but it looks sloppy. Hopefully dBrand has better quality control.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I want one but I have hard enough time applying screen protectors. I can't imagine the difficulty with DBrand.

64GB Beast

Yea I always get the reps to put the screen protector on for me. I'm gonna see if I can get a rep from some store to put the Dbrand skin on the phone if I purchase one.

Posted from my Nexus 6

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I tried a Slickwraps for my Nexus 6 and it was pretty bad. Especially when you consider price. The sides were impossible to apply. They just curl and will not lay flat no matter what you do. They also felt very rough and created an edge that was bothersome since the phone design is so smooth. The "leather" back is more like sandpaper than leather. The Nexus cutout was not cut out very well. There was material remaining in the cutout. It adheres really strong and it is also very difficult to remove without stretching it. I ended up tossing the sides and just using the back part but it looks sloppy. Hopefully dBrand has better quality control.

See I would have been highly pissed off and frustrated with that happening.

Posted from my Nexus 6

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Posted from my Nexus 6

Just make sure to line up the camera hole first, and that it is aligned along the sides. Mine went on perfect first try.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Just make sure to line up the camera hole first, and that it is aligned along the sides. Mine went on perfect first try.

Easier way is to first line up the tiny (microphone?) hole centered on the back about a 1/4" above the charging port. Once you line that up, everything else should fit perfectly with just a little rotation. If you start from the top, the tiniest bit of misalignment may cover that hole.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Easier way is to first line up the tiny (microphone?) hole centered on the back about a 1/4" above the charging port. Once you line that up, everything else should fit perfectly with just a little rotation. If you start from the top, the tiniest bit of misalignment may cover that hole.

There is no empty space around the camera and the hole in the skin, (tight fit) so it doesn't really matter. The mic hole was perfect using my method. Whatever works for you.

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Have used 2 dbrand skins with no issues. Everything lined up perfectly. Even the special colored "X" pieces were cut precisely. I have ordered 2 from Slickwraps but found the quality lacking. It may have been just a glitch on the ones I ordered, but I will stick with dbrand if I want more.

Will_Oliver

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I used a Dbrand skin on my nexus 4, and when I tried to remove it it cracked the glass, I totally recommend Dbrand for skin protectors they fit perfect and have great quality, but on the new nexus 6 I don't think u will have any issue removing the skin.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

The skin is here and it looks and feels great. Watched the video on how to install it and took about 5 minutes. Had trouble starting with matching the X letter and decided to match the S instead and worked like a charm. Picture attached for those who asked. No more finger prints and smudges all over the back of the phone!

Attachments

• 1433815297936.jpg
    1433815297936.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 76

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

And here is one more.

Attachments

• 1433815443625.jpg
    1433815443625.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 74

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I bought the one from icarbons, for my nexus 6, should be coming in tomorrow and one for my my macbook pro, yup I'm stoked!

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I bought and applied 5 different dbrand backs and one dbrand front to my phone. The front sucked hard. Not going to lie. You HAVE to use the screen protector they give you if you want to use the front dbrand application and it is super hard to get it all lined up correctly. It lasted about 3 days on my phone before I just couldn't take anymore and peeled it ofif. On a positive note, there was no residue left after I peeled both the screen protector and skin off of the front.

The back is VERY easy to apply. I have gotten it perfectly every time, usually on my first try. Only once did I have to pull off and re- apply. There is never any residue left on the phone after taking it off regardless of how long it's been on.