Just felt like posing this question. I know some people could care less, as they tend to stick with the same carrier. However, did anyone choose the Nexus 6, in part, because it is really the first Android phone that can be used anywhere with most carriers in North America and also around the world?

I've used my Nexus 6 on Tmobile, Sprint, Verizon, and Movistar, while roaming in Mexico on a prepaid sim. It truly is a great feeling to know I can take my phone practically anywhere and use it with any carrier.

Even when I was still financing my first one through Tmobile, it was unlocked and I was experimenting on Verizon.

It honestly makes Edge/Next/Easy Pay financing plans bearable when you are financing a phone that can be taken anywhere at the drop of a hat.

And, of course, I'll give Google Fi a whirl when I get my invite.

I know many people may never switch carriers or sims, but did anyone else consider carrier compatibility a big perk of the Nexus 6?

Anybody on GSM happy that you may have the freedom to try Sprint or Verizon? At least you have options, right?

Rarely did I consider a phone's radio bands to be an important feature. However, it'll definitely be a deciding factor in my next phone purchase.
    JimSmith94 likes this.
    06-04-2015 01:21 AM