I stayed up WAYYY too late and messed around with my new Nexus 6 into the wee hours of the morn. I really love it. I have an LG G4, Galaxy S6 Edge and now this. I think I've finally found my perfect android combo. LG G4 & Nexus 6. Sorry Samsung. The Nexus 6 is so liberating to use. To only see just over a page of apps stock is awesome. I disabled quite a few and I'm left with under a page of Apps. This is why I choose Nexus. It runs buttery smooth and I've had not a single hiccup yet. The camera is good enough for non moving objects. I'm sure you can actually get some awesome outdoor shots with this. It's very capable. The phone is big but I like it that way. It feels solid.

That being said I'm definitely keeping my G4 also. There's just something about the form factor and the way it feels that really intrigues me. After messing with my Nexus all evening and night I felt sad that I hadn't touched my G4 in awhile. Picking it up and using it again felt great too. I love the features of it despite not being stock android. I love the tap to wake and sleep, the smart settings, the screen, the camera, and the leather back, and the fact that I can change the back/battery and add memory.

If I had to pick one phone of the 2 I'd probably say kill me, I can't do it. Ultimately I'd end up choosing the Nexus but I'd sure as heck miss the G4. It isn't the prettiest to look at objectively but there is just something about it that LG got very right and it's hard to explain until you've used it. I'm keeping both for sure.

Both of these phones are going to see heavy use. I'm looking into installing Android M on my Nexus so I can tinker around with that. I've never done any rooting/unlocking bootloader etc. so I have some research to do but I am willing to try since I have another phone I can rely on and have a potentially unstable OS on one device.

In summary I love my Nexus 6 but I also love my G4. Don't make me choose!
    VW Maverick likes this.
    06-04-2015 08:41 AM
    Very cool.
    You picked two great devices.
    Hope you never have to make the choice of which to pick.

Mav.
    06-04-2015 09:04 AM
    Very cool.
    You picked two great devices.
    Hope you never have to make the choice of which to pick.

Mav.
    What would you pick? i'm stuck trying to decide to keep my n6 or going with the new g4 i love stock android but the g4 is sooooooooooooo tempting.
    06-04-2015 12:00 PM
    What would you pick? i'm stuck trying to decide to keep my n6 or going with the new g4 i love stock android but the g4 is sooooooooooooo tempting.
    The Nexus.
    Sweet. Smooth. No bloat. Fast updates. Ease of rooting and sideloading. Good size.

Mav.
    06-04-2015 12:16 PM
    And if you noticed in my original post I'd say you'd have to kill me to before I'd choose and then said but ultimately I'd choose the Nexus.
    06-04-2015 02:48 PM
    I left Note 4 for Nexus 6 couple weeks ago. No regrets. Love android stock.
    06-04-2015 03:51 PM
    2 main things I miss from my G4 since I'm using my Nexus 6 today:

1. I keep tapping on my screen to try and wake it. It's annoying to have to press a button to wake it haha

2. I miss the notification LED.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    06-04-2015 03:55 PM
    Does the G4 get awaken easily by accident when it's in your pocket?
    I guess you wouldn't know because it's in your pocket, but I just wonder if accidental taps wake it.
    06-04-2015 05:16 PM
    Does the G4 get awaken easily by accident when it's in your pocket?
    I guess you wouldn't know because it's in your pocket, but I just wonder if accidental taps wake it.
    Nope the tap doesn't work if the sensors on top are covered. I guess that's why they did that, maybe?
    06-04-2015 05:24 PM
    2 main things I miss from my G4 since I'm using my Nexus 6 today:

1. I keep tapping on my screen to try and wake it. It's annoying to have to press a button to wake it haha

2. I miss the notification LED.
    I have Nexus 6. 2T2W working great. Also Notification LED works well using LightFlow. Many N6 roms also have it built-in.
    So double tap screen to wake and notifications by LED both available on N6.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    06-04-2015 08:03 PM
    I have Nexus 6. 2T2W working great. Also Notification LED works well using LightFlow. Many N6 roms also have it built-in.
    So double tap screen to wake and notifications by LED both available on N6.
    What is 2T2W and do I need to root to use lightflow?
    06-05-2015 03:12 PM
    What is 2T2W and do I need to root to use lightflow?
    Double tap to wake. And yes you will need root and the paid version of LightFlow.
    06-05-2015 05:27 PM