I got laughed at!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been searching in stores for a screen protector for my new nexus. I went to 3 T-Mobile stores, 2 mall kiosks, best buy, and Fry's with no luck.

The best moment just happened in best buy. An employee asked what I was looking for and I told him. He laughed and said sorry bro we don't have accessories for that phone anymore, why don't you look into getting something more recent like an S6 or an iPhone 6... I definitely said nexus 6 not 5. O really wanted to make him look like an ***** but I just turned around and walked out.

My mission to find a store to have a screen protector installed has come to an end. I'll be forced to buy online and do it myself.

In summary best buy is stupid. :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not (I know, it's difficult), Best Buy actually does have employees who know what they're talking about. Not many, and not at all stores, but I've met a few. They don't last long, though - they usually get jobs as technicians or programmers at much higher salaries very quickly. But the requirements to work at Best Buy seem to be limited to 2 - the ability to breathe and the ability to ring up a sale. Anything more is just you getting lucky.

As for Verizon not installing it ... the particular associate may. Their job requirements seem to be copied from Best Buy's manual. But even if they don't, if their price is less than the online price plus shipping, you're no worse off and you get it faster. And you can also try AT&T, although $45 sounds a bit steep.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Sucks you cannot find a screen protector out there in the wild. I got my nexus 6 today and you saved me a trip. I'll just order online.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been searching in stores for a screen protector for my new nexus. I went to 3 T-Mobile stores, 2 mall kiosks, best buy, and Fry's with no luck.

The best moment just happened in best buy. An employee asked what I was looking for and I told him. He laughed and said sorry bro we don't have accessories for that phone anymore, why don't you look into getting something more recent like an S6 or an iPhone 6... I definitely said nexus 6 not 5. O really wanted to make him look like an ***** but I just turned around and walked out.

My mission to find a store to have a screen protector installed has come to an end. I'll be forced to buy online and do it myself.

I was in best buy last Saturday and the guy said that they have the phone, but that they never had any accessories for the N6. He said that he was baffled by that himself. Why sell a phone but don't carry any of the accessories?

Posted from my Nexus 6

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

About the only way to avoid dealing with a [language removed] at Best Buy is to shop their online store for what you want and check availability at your local store before even considering driving over there. If the brick n mortar store intown actually has something that I really want, I buy it online and just pick it up later.

As for your screen protector, DIY is definitely the way to go. The intelliARMOR PRO Nexus 6 EDGE-TO-EDGE Screen Protector is about 15 bucks online and easy to apply because of all the cutouts and the black frame on the protector. I'm a ham-fingered klutz who needs reading glasses to do nearly everything besides driving and watching tv, and I managed to put one on with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
The best moment just happened in best buy. An employee asked what I was looking for and I told him. He laughed and said sorry bro we don't have accessories for that phone anymore, why don't you look into getting something more recent like an S6 or an iPhone 6...

Without hesitation I would have replied "because I prefer Android and don't want a phone with an ugly home button and a ton of crap ware that I'll never use and can't uninstall."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo