I recently picked up a Nexus 6 (64 GB) at my local T-Mobile store. After a few days of use I noticed a defect on the camera like a black spot. It also lagged and stuttered a bit too. I returned it to T-Mobile and was replaced with a brand new Nexus 6. The new one however has lag & stuttering too. This irritates me because of the specs it has and also I've seen no lag on reviewers' Nexus 6 on Youtube. I am updated to the latest android version which is 5.1.1 at the moment. I did every possible troubleshooting method( reboot, wiping cache partition/app cache/system cache, etc. I even did a factory reset and still has the lag & stuttering. It's not a serious/extreme lag but it still irritates me when I swipe or play a few games. I don't think it's an app because I underwent safe mode and still had the problem. What could be the problem? Could it be that Android L is still not fully polished or does the Nexus 6 lag normally. I am not rooting and will stay with my stock android launcher. Anyone else with a Nexus 6 with lag/stutters?
    06-18-2015 08:57 PM
    I haven't noticed any significant lag coming from my N5 to N6, but maybe it is encryption related? Remember, the N6 is defaulted to encryption on...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-18-2015 09:03 PM
    The nexus 6 is the most l a good free phone on earth. Check what you have under running apps. T here must be a rogue app

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-18-2015 09:17 PM
    No lagging or stuttering here.

Posted w/ Nexus6 via the AC App
    06-18-2015 09:28 PM
    Just bought mine from Best Buy a couple weeks ago and it's already my favorite phone I've ever owned.

The only place I've noted what I'd consider unusual lag/stuttering (and it's fairly minor) is while swiping away apps in the multi tasking view.

Otherwise my Nexus 6 is a fast, fluid experience that I've enjoyed thoroughly.

Posted via the Android Central App (Nexus 6)
    06-18-2015 10:03 PM
    I recently picked up a Nexus 6 (64 GB) at my local T-Mobile store. After a few days of use I noticed a defect on the camera like a black spot. It also lagged and stuttered a bit too. I returned it to T-Mobile and was replaced with a brand new Nexus 6. The new one however has lag & stuttering too. This irritates me because of the specs it has and also I've seen no lag on reviewers' Nexus 6 on Youtube. I am updated to the latest android version which is 5.1.1 at the moment. I did every possible troubleshooting method( reboot, wiping cache partition/app cache/system cache, etc. I even did a factory reset and still has the lag & stuttering. It's not a serious/extreme lag but it still irritates me when I swipe or play a few games. I don't think it's an app because I underwent safe mode and still had the problem. What could be the problem? Could it be that Android L is still not fully polished or does the Nexus 6 lag normally. I am not rooting and will stay with my stock android launcher. Anyone else with a Nexus 6 with lag/stutters?
    What are you doing during this time? Listening to Music on BT? Initial setup? On the launcher home screen? How many apps installed? Does this occur with no apps installed? Did you remove T-Mobile apps?
    06-18-2015 10:18 PM
    The OP did mention games. I haven't really played much on my N6, but I did play some KOTOR and it was fine. Donno.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    06-19-2015 12:37 AM
    Return it one more time. Mine is as fast as greased lightning.
    06-19-2015 12:53 AM
    I was scrolling down on pages on the web or Google Chrome and it stutters/delays when trying to scroll down fast. I listen to music on the default music app (Google Play Music). It was smooth when I used it out of the box while it only had the default apps installed and later as I downloaded some more apps/games it started to lag/stutter thus losing it's buttery smooth experience. After I factory reseted, it didn't do any difference. No T-Mobile apps here (remember it's stock android so no bloatware). After the first return my 14 days went by so I can't return it anymore. I can only return it though for a refurbished one but I had experience with those being even MORE defective with physical damage when I returned my Galaxy S4. I guess i have to stay with this laggy phone then. The only way for it to feel smooth is to scroll as slowly as possible on web pages and not fast.
    06-19-2015 01:36 AM
    Did you fill up the storage to almost full?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    06-19-2015 07:56 AM
    I still have 50 GB of the 54 GB it comes with free ( 10 GB is obviously used to run the system). I barely made a dent on the storage. Idk how to get a replacement if it's a hardware issue...
    06-19-2015 11:13 PM
    What apps did you put on it?

06-19-2015 11:19 PM
    At the least I can add to the chorus of voices that say this isn't normal behavior. My T-mo Nexus 6 (which is still on 5.1 at that) has been lag-free. Do you have a really awful live wallpaper running or something?
    06-19-2015 11:42 PM
    No lag at all on my unit. Got mine directly from Motorola online store. No performance issues even while playing games (Hitman : Sniper, Riptide II, etc).

06-20-2015 01:53 AM
    Mines a Verizon one with no lag. Is the lag when Internet is involved? That would clear a lot of thing up

06-20-2015 06:35 AM
    Dude, I thought I was the only one. Trust me, its not you, and I warn you, you will get frustrated searching the net for answers and only getting replies of how everyone else's n6 is a dream. OK I bought my n6 at T-Mobile, returned it after 4 days because I felt that that amount of lag in a brand new device was unacceptable for a $600 phone. 2nd device lagged as well but I stuck with it past the rest of my trial period. Then the battery swelled up, so I sent it back to Motorola. 3rd device came, refurbished, but the lag was nearly imperceptible at first, but everything else was trash, ex: the speakers auto dim so I can't rock out, it vibrates like a 90s beeper, takes like 10 min to clear cache, and to top it off, they sent me a project fi n6 on build number lvy47h which doesn't update to 5.1.1 so I'm sending it back. Nexus number 4 will be delivered today. And the funny thing is, I really love this phone, which is why I keep trying for a good one. It was either this or the g4, and that didn't wow me.
    Stick with it, our devices are the minority.

Edit: to everyone else, the lag usually happens when swiping away apps, while charging, and when opening an app that isn't preloaded on ram. Oh and when viewing animation heavy things. It's really annoying. Like touchwiz annoying.
    06-27-2015 02:07 AM
    Bought mine from Fi and has been relatively stutter free. There were a few janky apps than once uninstalled, the stutter or freezing was gone. Been a great phone so far.

06-28-2015 01:34 AM