Hi,

Is there an app that acts as a soft lock/power button that will work correctly on the Nexus 6? The ones I tried switch the screen off, but they also "fully" lock the phone, so that when I want to use it again, I need to enter my swipe pattern, even if I'm in a location which I've saved under Trusted Places.

Ideally, I'd like an app that acts EXACTLY as the power button does, but instead of pressing the physical button, I just touch the app icon on the screen.
    06-19-2015 04:42 AM
    I've been looking for the same thing for a while. Found nothing that really works

We discussed that in this other thread. Take a look.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=530081
    vladman likes this.
    06-19-2015 06:26 AM
    Thank you, that was very informative, pity it seems this can't be done properly by an app. I also installed that AirOn app and will test it out, not quite what I was after, but still interesting and potentially useful. Thanks again.
    Javier P likes this.
    06-19-2015 06:44 AM
    Glad it helped! Report back how it goes, here or in that other thread.
    06-19-2015 06:58 AM
    I found this, and am testing it out. Seems to work well so far, there's many options though, so can be a bit confusing. Crucially, seems to have support for Smart Lock!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yscreenofffree
    Javier P likes this.
    07-11-2015 11:00 AM
    If you are rooted and have Tasker, this is possible. Oh yeah, can also set it to turn off with a double tap or another gesture but will require Nova Launcher or similar that can respond to gestures.

Create a task with the "Run Shell" command in Tasker and the command will be "input keyevent 26" without quotations.

Make sure the use root checkbox is selected.

Then add a Tasker task shortcut widget to the home screen and/or use the launcher gesture. I have both and it works perfectly.
    07-12-2015 12:31 PM
    there's an app called screen lock pro by prahallad it works absolutely awesome with the smart lock try it....thanks in advance....
    12-18-2015 11:19 AM