Lock/screen-off app that respects smart lock?

vladman

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Is there an app that acts as a soft lock/power button that will work correctly on the Nexus 6? The ones I tried switch the screen off, but they also "fully" lock the phone, so that when I want to use it again, I need to enter my swipe pattern, even if I'm in a location which I've saved under Trusted Places.

Ideally, I'd like an app that acts EXACTLY as the power button does, but instead of pressing the physical button, I just touch the app icon on the screen.

vladman

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, that was very informative, pity it seems this can't be done properly by an app. I also installed that AirOn app and will test it out, not quite what I was after, but still interesting and potentially useful. Thanks again.

Semli

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted and have Tasker, this is possible. Oh yeah, can also set it to turn off with a double tap or another gesture but will require Nova Launcher or similar that can respond to gestures.

Create a task with the "Run Shell" command in Tasker and the command will be "input keyevent 26" without quotations.

Make sure the use root checkbox is selected.

Then add a Tasker task shortcut widget to the home screen and/or use the launcher gesture. I have both and it works perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech