Verizon Nexus 6 Images

danielson2047

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Finally back in the Nexus game! When google pushes the images, can i just download and flash, or am i going to have to wait for Verizons "input" before google will post them. From what I've read all the Nexus 6's are the same software wise. Not a huge deal as i don't plan on being stock all that much, just curious. Thanks!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Dude it is a Nexus. Load whatever you want.

Sent from my Nexus 6

lol isn't that right?

No need to rush into 5.1.1 though. The 5.1 build VZ phones are on is just fine. You won't see a difference. So, unless you like to flash your own images, just sit tight for OTA upgrade by VZ.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have seen quite a few people on the forums that did that and reporting no issues. So yes you can. But again, I don't see anything noticeable with respect to 5.1 vs 5.1.1

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you want a near stock experience and a be on 5.1.1 then load AOSIP. I have had 0 issues with it, honestly. There was an update to the ROM last week but I could not think of one good reason to load it. My phone is running perfectly on Verizon and I hate to mess with perfection.

Sent from my Nexus 6

danielson2047

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i cant think of a reason I'd need 5.1.1 unless it has some great feature in it. This thing out of the box was near perfect. I installed xposed amd gravity box and was able to swap my back and recents buttons and now it is perfect imo.

Posted via the Android Central App