Google keyboard

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone so on my nexus 6 I've been using the Google keyboard which I do love but sometimes it's slowing down for typing is not as quick as my thumbs are. Has anyone ever experienced this before? What is everyone's favorite keyboard on the forums for their phones?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

danielson2047

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Had my N6 for 24 hours, haven't even installed swype yet. If I can't have the Sammy kb I had on my s4 then Google's is what I'll be using.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Had my N6 for 24 hours, haven't even installed swype yet. If I can't have the Sammy kb I had on my s4 then Google's is what I'll be using.

Posted via the Android Central App
Usually I love using the Google products I was just type in text message to someone on the keyboard was literally slowing down on me and I was typing faster than me see what would allow me to that's why I was asking. Other than that i love using the Google keyboard.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The flesky keyboard says that it's only free for 30 days. That's the problem with it I've seen so far.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
SwiftKey. The best keyboard available in my opinion. Have it on my Nexus 6 as well every other device and tablet I owned. Works like a charm.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey. The best keyboard available in my opinion. Have it on my Nexus 6 as well every other device and tablet I owned. Works like a charm.
Thanks I ) appreciate that. I'm trying to set it up now. In settings though under apps, it's saying SwiftKey is taking 14 5 of ram to run while Google keyboard probably didn't take as much memory to run, that's all...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I went back to Google keyboard but is there anyway to resize the keyboard because an exorcist has a 5.9 6 inch touch screen and it's very difficult to even swype on it lol

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Okay so I went back to Google keyboard but is there anyway to resize the keyboard because an exorcist has a 5.9 6 inch touch screen and it's very difficult to even swype on it lol

You can resize SwiftKey :)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes you're absolutely right I can. The only problem with SwiftKey that I failed to realize when I put in this unfortunately is that the running amount of RAM and requires a 150 of RAM. Now, I know the Nexus 6 has 3 gigs of ram but there's no reason white one single app today not much RAM to run if you know what I mean. I'm currently using the TouchPal 2015 keyboard which is nice doesn't require that much RAM and you can resize it to the right side orientation of the screen

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes you're absolutely right I can. The only problem with SwiftKey that I failed to realize when I put in this unfortunately is that the running amount of RAM and requires a 150 of RAM. Now, I know the Nexus 6 has 3 gigs of ram but there's no reason white one single app today not much RAM to run if you know what I mean. I'm currently using the TouchPal 2015 keyboard which is nice doesn't require that much RAM and you can resize it to the right side orientation of the screen

Mine is at 104 MB. yes it's high but doesn't seem to affect performance a bit. I'm actually much more productive and faster using SwiftKey than any other keyboard. So for me, that's a good trade off. Let the hardware do the work. Nexus 6 is more than capable of doing that.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine is at 104 MB. yes it's high but doesn't seem to affect performance a bit. I'm actually much more productive and faster using SwiftKey than any other keyboard. So for me, that's a good trade off. Let the hardware do the work. Nexus 6 is more than capable of doing that.
Haha no I understand that. I'm going to give this hesitate a try out and see if I like. If not, well I'll try swift key again, but we'll have to see. Only time will tell. I know the phone is more than capable of the memory usage, what can I say, I'm just being anal about it, that's all.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Haha no I understand that. I'm going to give this hesitate a try out and see if I like. If not, well I'll try swift key again, but we'll have to see. Only time will tell. I know the phone is more than capable of the memory usage, what can I say, I'm just being anal about it, that's all.

Yes you are. Stop it lol. Just kidding.