Deleting disabled apps

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay everyone cell in my settings list, I have Google food, Google+, are there apps disabled. Is there any way to permanently delete them or that's just rooting? Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I would back them up before deleting them but yes you'll need root. I have never known anyone to be sorry they unlocked the bootloader and rooted their device. If the only thing I could do with root is run ad blocker I would do it. I can't imagine not having root on my device.

It wasn't until I picked up my wife's phone that I realized a lot of the free games and apps had so many banner ads. I have had a rooted device running ad blocker for almost 6 years now. Never suspected it had gotten so bad.

Sent from my Nexus 6

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I would back them up before deleting them but yes you'll need root. I have never known anyone to be sorry they unlocked the bootloader and rooted their device. If the only thing I could do with root is run ad blocker I would do it. I can't imagine not having root on my device.

It wasn't until I picked up my wife's phone that I realized a lot of the free games and apps had so many banner ads. I have had a rooted device running ad blocker for almost 6 years now. Never suspected it had gotten so bad.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Well honestly, the only reason I haven't written the Nexus 6 it isn't that I don't know how to do this because I don't want to delete everything and start from scratch all over again after initially setting everything up the way I like it lol

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well the only thing I could say is... had you rooted your last phone you could restore all your apps with their settings. That's what I did.

I could wipe my phone right now and have it back to just how it was in less than 20 minutes. That is the power of TWRP.

I could download a new rom and restore all my applications and have my phone set up the way I like it in about an hour. That is the power of titanium backup.

If two or three hours of your time, once in your life, is not worth it to you... Well I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Sent from my Nexus 6

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well the only thing I could say is... had you rooted your last phone you could restore all your apps with their settings. That's what I did.

I could wipe my phone right now and have it back to just how it was in less than 20 minutes. That is the power of TWRP.

I could download a new rom and restore all my applications and have my phone set up the way I like it in about an hour. That is the power of titanium backup.

If two or three hours of your time, once in your life, is not worth it to you... Well I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Sent from my Nexus 6
So trust me that sounds great. I've been thinking about it I'll tell you that much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol