Google Nexus 6: After The Buzz

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how they are planning on making the next Nexus better. Because the Nexus 5 performs just as well as the Nexus 6. Other than the screen size, battery, and the bump in camera, there really isn't a difference. Especially considering the hike in price. So if they only bring an updated processor, it may not be enough.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how they are planning on making the next Nexus better. Because the Nexus 5 performs just as well as the Nexus 6. Other than the screen size, battery, and the bump in camera, there really isn't a difference. Especially considering the hike in price. So if they only bring an updated processor, it may not be enough.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm sticking with my Nexus 6 for at least another year. I don't want to go down in screen size (even .3") and don't anticipate any phone will be enough of an improvement to warrant the cost.

Posted via the Android Central App

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with my Nexus 6 for at least another year. I don't want to go down in screen size (even .3") and don't anticipate any phone will be enough of an improvement to warrant the cost.

I'm so poor this phone will go to my grave...

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If the next Nexus is based on and has the same specs and camera as the G4, would you switch? Still a large screen at 5.5, but manageable with one hand, and the camera in the G4 is a clear step up.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
If the next Nexus is based on and has the same specs and camera as the G4, would you switch? Still a large screen at 5.5, but manageable with one hand, and the camera in the G4 is a clear step up.

That would be an insane piece of hardware!

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't. I like the larger screen and front facing speakers. I don't think the processor is any faster for real time use. So then I'd be paying $600 for a smaller screen and slightly better camera.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I will not be switching to anything less than 5.7 inch screen size. Would rather have another 6 inch nexus.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it'll be a really good device, but not a compelling upgrade. If there are two planned, the smaller one will most likely be around 5.2" though. I don't think I'll want to go any smaller than 5.5-5.7" from here on out. I've grown accustomed to the large screen and the advantages it brings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol