Why do I get Unable to set voicemail number on my Nexus 6 - 5.1.1?

A

AC Question

Unable to set voicemail number - Nexus 6 - 5.1.1

I've tried to set a voicemail number on my phone, but it will not save.

I've tried going to Voicemail > Setup > Voicemail Number, entered the number (1416) and then clicked ok.

The phone closes the dialog without displaying an error, but the voicemail number still reads as <Not Set> and the voicemail notification still says "Voicemail number unknown", though clicking on the option again shows 1416 already filled.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

domesdkg

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Checked with them about what specifically?

I know the number is 1416 (it works) but the stock dialer app being unable to save the number doesn't sound like a carrier issue to me.

Not being sarcastic, just not sure what you think I should check on with them.

Edit: I'm OP

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Checked with them about what specifically?

I know the number is 1416 (it works) but the stock dialer app being unable to save the number doesn't sound like a carrier issue to me.

Not being sarcastic, just not sure what you think I should check on with them.

Edit: I'm OP

Sorry for the delay. Your reply got lost in my notifications. Thanks for joining Android Central and welcome to the forums.

Yours is an issue related to the SIM card and some carriers love changing things in their branded devices. There's a big chance they are aware of this problem and have an easy fix. That's the reason of my question.

I've never seen this problem reported in these forums. Now, as a member, you could open a thread in the N6 forum where you'll get more traffic.

(Edit. No need for that, already moved).

I would check a couple of things. Have you already checked the voicemail entry in your Contacts app? Do you have a third party app for your contacts?

If you updated the system recently you could try wiping the cache partition.

Last edited: