I just got my Nexus 6 a couple of weeks ago and like it so much, I've put my Iphone 6 into the paperweight category. But being greedy, I've been looking at what the next Nexus might be like and it's hard for me to get excited about the coming attractions. I don't want to downgrade to 5.7 inches, although it might do, if it has other superior features. I would never drop to 5.2 inches. The second thing I really like is wireless charging. It must contain that. Front facing speakers are a neutral. I've used phones with and without. If I'm going to seriously listen to music, I put on my Sennheisers or run it to my amp. It would be nice to have more than 32 GB, but I'm managing. My battery life is good and with Android M coming, might even get better. Active Display works very nicely. There is usually an alert on my screen and I can just swipe to open without hitting the power button. So, although I really like new stuff, I don't see myself upgrading when the new Nexus 5 2015 comes out.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    07-06-2015 04:03 AM
    I agree, how do you improve on total awesomesauce?
    mumfoau and skuni like this.
    07-06-2015 06:49 AM
    Best phone on the market imo

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-06-2015 09:50 AM
    Anything less than 5.7 inch and I'm buying a white nexus 6 as a back up replacement for the blue one I already have. Awsome phone Awsome size.
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    07-06-2015 01:13 PM
    Anything less than 5.7 inch and I'm buying a white nexus 6 as a back up replacement for the blue one I already have.
    Hmm. There's a plan. Especially after a few more price cuts!
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    07-06-2015 01:35 PM
    I agree, how do you improve on total awesomesauce?
    With a better camera and total lack of carrier interference for updates like we USED to enjoy on nexus phones in the past? Better benefits for earlier updates besides being beta testers to get from 5.0 mess to a relatively fixed 5.11?

I was willing to forgive things like that for $400. At flagship pricing, not so much.
    07-07-2015 04:13 PM
    With a better camera and total lack of carrier interference for updates like we USED to enjoy on nexus phones in the past? Better benefits for earlier updates besides being beta testers to get from 5.0 mess to a relatively fixed 5.11?

I was willing to forgive things like that for $400. At flagship pricing, not so much.
    It is a flagship. It's the first top of the line Nexus thus the high price. Camera is still top 5. Will agree updates could be better but we are still one of the first.

07-07-2015 05:40 PM

I don't agree on any of your points. Camera is fine. Go to XDA and look at Simms22's pictures with the Nexus 6, some of the best pictures I've ever seen! The different versions of factory images are to optimize the radios for specific carriers, I think it's great that all carriers carry the Nexus 6. Lollipop glitches weren't specific to only the Nexus 6.
    anon(9072051) likes this.
    07-07-2015 05:45 PM
    Hmm. There's a plan. Especially after a few more price cuts!
    Oh god, another $100 drop and I'm so in. Again, love the phone, and buying an extra set with price discounts is a cheap insurance in my opinion.
    07-07-2015 08:27 PM
    For me its other way round, even though love my nexus 6 I can't wait to get back to smaller sized Nexus with fingerprint scanner. So can't wait for fall, bring on the new nexus goodness.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    07-08-2015 01:55 AM
    Everyday I miss my Nexus 6 (I've now got an S6) just wish it had a camera to match my S6 then I wouldn't have left it in the first place. One can hope for the next brand of Nexus devices.
    07-08-2015 04:07 AM
    Everyday I miss my Nexus 6 (I've now got an S6) just wish it had a camera to match my S6 then I wouldn't have left it in the first place. One can hope for the next brand of Nexus devices.
    No wonder you are on a Nexus 6 forum. Hehehehe
    07-08-2015 06:14 AM
    No wonder you are on a Nexus 6 forum. Hehehehe
    haha!! I'm on all the forums I was considering the M9, got rid of the Nexus 6, have the S6 and so far I'm not that interested in the G4 - but coming to the forums helps cure my addiction for needing a new phone every 5 minutes lol.
    07-08-2015 06:17 AM
    haha!! I'm on all the forums I was considering the M9, got rid of the Nexus 6, have the S6 and so far I'm not that interested in the G4 - but coming to the forums helps cure my addiction for needing a new phone every 5 minutes lol.
    We live once, and I plan to not have any regrets lol. I had Note 4 before Nexus 6 and I'm a Sucker for new phones. Just like you, the addiction is killing me. But I like it!
    the tall guy likes this.
    07-08-2015 09:07 PM
    If LG does one with front speakers,, Wireless charging, and a great screen and the awesome camera from the G4. And of course has 64 gig at least, works with Fi (couldn't imagine all new Nexi not) And with leather as an option then I'd be all over it. Love the 6 but even being 6-2 it's big in the pockets.

jimbo1mcm likes this.
    07-09-2015 10:15 AM
    Don't want to go any smaller. Only thing that would tempt me would be SD card support or a 128 gb version & removable battery.

Notice : The above opinions are at the discretion of the poster and subject to change without notice.
    07-09-2015 10:32 AM
    Don't want to go any smaller. Only thing that would tempt me would be SD card support or a 128 gb version & removable battery.

Notice : The above opinions are at the discretion of the poster and subject to change without notice.
    For reference, in case of the rumored 5.7" Huawei Nexus, the Huawei Ascend Mate 7, which is their 6" phablet complete with 4,100 mAh battery, also comes with SD card support and a finger print reader. Supposedly, at least before the S6 came out, it was industry leading, in terms of accuracy. Their latest phones are the P8 and P8 Max, which is massive, at 6.8" and a 4,360 mAh battery. Granted, FHD screens as opposed to QHD, but I believe they come with SD card support as well. I posted some videos on it in the Nexus 2015 section of Upcoming & Rumored Devices.

wtherrell likes this.
    07-09-2015 11:38 AM
    Camera is fine. Go to XDA and look at Simms22's pictures with the Nexus 6, some of the best pictures I've ever seen!
    You're going to have to link, I combed through his started threads and individual posts and only found his Nexus 5 pics. I'm not easily impressed by full daylight pics either, a lot of phones pull those off pretty well these days. It's the very low light shots where most phones fall down now.
    07-09-2015 09:30 PM
    You're going to have to link, I combed through his started threads and individual posts and only found his Nexus 5 pics.
    A Google search for "xda nexus 6 pictures" would have been a lot easier:

Post pictures taken with your Nexus 6 - Pg. 8 | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums
    07-09-2015 09:54 PM
    A Google search for "xda nexus 6 pictures" would have been a lot easier:

Post pictures taken with your Nexus 6 - Pg. 8 | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums
    Yup, but I'm far too important for manual labor shnoff, shnoff. Thx though!

If you scroll a bit down from your link you'll notice an argument posed about low light pics though. I tend to agree with the poster who said the iPhone took far superior low light pics, having seen comparisons myself in person. As I already stated above a few minutes ago above, I'm not easily impressed by full daylight pics, a lot of phones pull those off pretty well these days. It's the very low light shots where most phones fall down now.
    07-09-2015 10:03 PM