I really wanted to like this phone. I mean... I REALLY wanted to like it.

But I just can't get over the size. I have an uneasy feeling as though I am going to drop it every time I hold it in my hand. This weekend I took my kids on a trip and while taking a few selfies with them I found myself struggling to hold the device.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to wait for whatever next version comes out (I bought it on Friday because of a smashed screen on my previous phone). So, today I'll be exchanging it for the Droid Turbo.

I am so disappointed too. I really wanted to like this phone.
    07-06-2015 08:21 AM
    You disappointed in the size? That's all what you seem to mention. I'm sure you knew it was big before you bought it.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    07-06-2015 08:46 AM
    Good luck with your next phone OP.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-06-2015 08:48 AM
    Get the moto x. Same shape just smaller and very cheap right now

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-06-2015 09:49 AM
    You disappointed in the size? That's all what you seem to mention. I'm sure you knew it was big before you bought it.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    True but some people won't know how such a big phone is day to day. If you asked me before I tried to the Note I would have said "That is way too big!" ... After trying it I now say "Really? That is all?".

Just because you may know the dimensions of a phone doesn't mean you know how it will handle day to day. My story is an example .
    planoman and anon(2345131) like this.
    07-06-2015 10:18 AM
    You disappointed in the size? That's all what you seem to mention. I'm sure you knew it was big before you bought it
    Not quite. I am disappointed in myself for not knowing I couldn't handle the size. By handle I mean - Literally - handle. Of course I knew the size before I bought it. I even went into the store to play with it multiple times before buying it. I read a million reviews where people said: "You'll love the size after you get used to it."

It was just too big. I have a Droid Turbo sitting on my desk right now that is much more the size phone I want/need.
    07-06-2015 10:32 AM
    Well, I am sure the OP knew... but it's one thing knowing how big the phone is and it's another learning to deal with it on a day to day basis. I have massive paws, so I knew that I wouldn't have any issues without, sight un-seen. But I can definitly see how someone might realize after using the thing for a little while that the dimensions are just not feasible. There are tons of things about using a phone that don't show up by playing with it at the store.
    07-06-2015 11:10 AM
    For OP: Hang in there. You might like the new Nexus 5 2015 by LG when it arrives. Probably 5.2 inches. Good luck. You can always sell the Droid Turbo.
    07-06-2015 12:02 PM
    I get where the OP is coming from. I like the Nexus 6 much better than my Nexus 5, but I still can't get used to the size of the Nexus 6. I handled it in the store after I had ruled it out by reading the size dimensions online. Handling it in store wasn't that bad; I only decided to buy it once it was announced that it was the only phone to work on Google's Project Fi. I haven't successfully added the Nexus 6 to day-to-day life, though. I use it every now and then when lying in bed.

The rumors of the upcoming Nexus 5 2015 edition don't excite me much either. I'd rather try to get used to the size of the Nexus 6 than try a phone from any of the rumored OEMs for the new Nexus 5. Either way, I'm not returning the 6; I had to go through too much to get it!
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    07-06-2015 12:24 PM
    Among the other virtues of the cheapo kickstand case that I got for the Nexus is that I can slip a finger through it and another alongside it, thereby keeping it secure without having to wrap my fingers all the way around the far edge. Having the phone secure in my fingertips rather than my palm enables me to one-hand the Nexus just about as easily as its predecessor, the Droid Bionic, on which I employed the same technique.
    07-07-2015 02:47 PM
    I bought my nexus 6 from Google in early December and had extended time after the holidays with it and still waffled on returning it and did not.

I have never quite gotten used to the size or more specifically the width. I was waiting on project fi to use it but that is 12 weeks out so I may sell it or keep it as a Wi-Fi device around the house.

Posted via my ZenFone 2 with 4GB RAM!
    07-07-2015 03:50 PM
    I have never quite gotten used to the size or more specifically the width.
    I hear a lot of people talking about getting used to the width as well. Luckily for me my current device is the original Samsung Galaxy Note which, by coincidence, has the exact same width (and thickness) as the Nexus 6. I guess the only thing to which I would need to adjust would be the height (which isn't an issue as I've held it in the store before).
    07-07-2015 06:19 PM
    I hear a lot of people talking about getting used to the width as well. Luckily for me my current device is the original Samsung Galaxy Note which, by coincidence, has the exact same width (and thickness) as the Nexus 6. I guess the only thing to which I would need to adjust would be the height (which isn't an issue as I've held it in the store before).
    I had the OG Note as well and many models of it and other 5.5 inch devices. I guess after carrying lighter and thinner devices for weeks at time, the Nexus 6 always seems a bit too wide and heavy IMO.

Posted via my ZenFone 2 with 4GB RAM!
    21stNow likes this.
    07-07-2015 07:30 PM
    You are making the biggest mistake of your life!
    You'll lament the day you returned it until the day you die!
    ;¬)

Posted on Nexus6 via the AC App
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    07-08-2015 08:06 PM
    I had the original Note and its predecessors, as well. I could use the original Note one-handed most of the time. I can't use the Nexus 6 with one hand at all. One-handed use isn't a requirement for me, but I would like to have that ability from time to time.
    07-08-2015 09:10 PM
    You can have my Nexus 6......if you can claw it out of my cold, dead fingers.
    Ed Briggs likes this.
    07-10-2015 08:15 AM