Robin's Google Nexus 6 Thread

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Do you use an Antivirus app?

T-Mobile has some deal with Lookout, so I just kept that. Plus, their name's an ironic reminder of the now-dead Bay Area punk record label.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

I think there was an article on AC some months back that discussed AV and Spyware.
I've never ran anything on my mobile devices.

Posted on Nexus6 via the AC App

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Never have never will. The only way you'll get something is clicking, opening or installing something you shouldn't.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

vepac

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

I use use Avast Mobile Security, I'm very happy with it.

Posted via the Android Central App on my VZW Nexus 6

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site

No I don't have and I don't need. So if you install trusted apps only from Google Play Store than I don't see reason.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trying Action Launcher

I'm not sure a launcher can do that, is that not dependant on the app itself? I don't know though.

How are you finding Action Launcher? I always go back to it from stock or Nova. Have you received the recent 3.5 update?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm using the moonshine icon for Google Calendar and it works. Maybe you need to apply that icon individually. I've never applied a whole icon pack so I don't know if that makes a difference. Try that, edit your calendar icon and select moonshine. This is what I've got with Nova.

Attachments

• 1436352834968.jpg
    1436352834968.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 27

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I'm using the moonshine icon for Google Calendar and it works. Maybe you need to apply that icon individually. I've never applied a whole icon pack so I don't know if that makes a difference. Try that, edit your calendar icon and select moonshine. This is what I've got with Nova.

Yeah - cheers mate. I actually just messed about with the icon pack and got it working :) not that I use it or anything like that, but it's good to know.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I've been playing a little bit with my icon packs to see which ones include a dynamic icon (at least with Google Calendar).

Banded, Belle UI, Lumos,Min, Orbis and Voxel.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The media volume tweaks at times

The media volume tweaks at times. I was watching YouTube and when I got a text the volume went down and couldn't be fixed until I restarted the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: The media volume tweaks at times

I've had that issue as well with music and video and games. I downloaded an app called Persist that gives me better control over volume that seems to help. I use that to fix the stuck volume.

Doesn't help much when I'm driving though.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: The media volume tweaks at times

I've had that issue as well with music and video and games. I downloaded an app called Persist that gives me better control over volume that seems to help. I use that to fix the stuck volume.

Doesn't help much when I'm driving though.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair