Mine takes at least 1 minute, probably closer to 1.5 minutes. Is it normal? How long does yours take?
    Thanks,
    07-09-2015 01:39 PM
    My Nexus 6 also takes around a minute for it to boot up which seems like forever compared to other phones. I am not sure but it could be related to the phone encryption.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    07-09-2015 01:55 PM
    My Nexus 6 also takes around a minute for it to boot up which seems like forever compared to other phones. I am not sure but it could be related to the phone encryption.

Phone encryption

Posted via my amazingly smexy Nexus 6 yo
    07-09-2015 02:06 PM
    So we can watch the fancy boot animation!
    07-09-2015 02:09 PM
    If you ever soft bricked a device, that animation gets old fast
    07-09-2015 02:21 PM
    Actually I remember when I first started my device it asked me if I wanted to use the encryption feature and I said yes at the time. So now I have to login with my pin twice before it will allow me to use the phone functions. It is for security reasons so I can understand. But I'd like to speed up the process so it doesn't take so long. How much of a difference would it make to just login once. I'm trying to figure out how to get that reset so I only need to login once? Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-09-2015 07:01 PM
    Phone encryption

Posted via my amazingly smexy Nexus 6 yo
    Yes, this is why.

Posted on Nexus6 via the AC App
    JimSmith94 likes this.
    07-09-2015 08:08 PM
    Did Rembrandt rush?
    07-10-2015 09:06 AM
    Actually I remember when I first started my device it asked me if I wanted to use the encryption feature and I said yes at the time.
    That's strange, since encryption is not optional. The Nexus 6 is automatically encrypted on first boot.
    07-11-2015 01:26 AM
    That's strange, since encryption is not optional. The Nexus 6 is automatically encrypted on first boot.
    I believe they are talking about the pin lock to start the device. Mine also asked about it, and I enabled it. I know why it takes longer to boot, and I am fine with it. Furthermore, I like the fact my phone is rather secure (relatively).

07-11-2015 06:49 AM
    I believe they are talking about the pin lock to start the device. Mine also asked about it, and I enabled it. I know why it takes longer to boot, and I am fine with it. Furthermore, I like the fact my phone is rather secure (relatively).

This is my stance as well. I'm fine waiting a little for extra security. I rarely reboot anyway.

07-11-2015 09:01 AM
    What is this pin lock we speak off? I don't own phone, yet . Plan to buy within week
    07-14-2015 01:51 PM
    What is this pin lock we speak off? I don't own phone, yet . Plan to buy within week
    There is an option to further secure your phone by only allowing the device to boot if your pin/pattern is input during boot. Similar to a bios password on a computer.

heartagram616 likes this.
    07-14-2015 02:34 PM
    Ok, thanks . I'll pass on that
    07-14-2015 04:00 PM
    Ok, thanks . I'll pass on that
    Two things:

1) its not a big deal for a bit more of security.
    2) thankfully Google gives us the option rather than dictating how we have to do it.

I run it and its not annoying or anything.

07-14-2015 07:30 PM
    As far you have encrypted phone, locked bootloader - it is secure. No chance bypass those steps. So it is your opinion. But I have phone as I bought it. Encrypted and stock ROM.

07-14-2015 09:07 PM
    Actually I remember when I first started my device it asked me if I wanted to use the encryption feature and I said yes at the time. So now I have to login with my pin twice before it will allow me to use the phone functions. It is for security reasons so I can understand. But I'd like to speed up the process so it doesn't take so long. How much of a difference would it make to just login once. I'm trying to figure out how to get that reset so I only need to login once? Any ideas?

Go into settings->security->screen lock->[input pin]->PIN->check "no thanks"->continue->go through the steps
    sorry, this answer is a little late.....
    SteveMW likes this.
    07-29-2015 04:20 PM
    It's not just the encryption.... Yes, enabling that slows disk i/o down a bit... but the apps you have loaded is also a major component. On a fresh install, my unencrypted phone boots up fast... after loading it down with 100+ apps, now I'm sitting around 1:15 from power on to when my lock screen pops. There might be a runtime component, maybe a function of all the services that get loaded.
    07-30-2015 02:18 PM