How is outdoor viewing?

bren5666

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
For those of you that have the Nexus 6, how good is the visibility in sunlight? Phone arena shows it at only 270 nits, but yet other reviews say it's decent in sunlight. Hoping to find so real life reviews.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
For those of you that have the Nexus 6, how good is the visibility in sunlight? Phone arena shows it at only 270 nits, but yet other reviews say it's decent in sunlight. Hoping to find so real life reviews.
I've had my Nexus 6 since May, and so far, I have never had a problem seeing the screen in direct sunlight. I'll admit that the screen gets completely 'wash-out', but it is still viewable. Every time I have been in sunlight, I was still able to make phone calls, read emails, do Google searches, ect.

Also, the screen on the Nexus 6 seems to work okay with polarized sun glasses, which is something that was not possible on my previous HTC M8.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
No where near as good as my old G2. For me it's the only downfall of the phone. I'm not outside often enough for it to be a deal breaker but for some people I could see it being that.

In the shade it's fine but a struggle in direct sunlight. I often have to use my heads shadow to see the screen properly.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I had my nexus 6 when I was still living in Southern California and a requirement for me was a phone that was great in sun because I use it outside a lot. I had to do a lot of the old school making your own shade, or putting your hand over it to see it well. So useable yes, but not ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, in bright or direct sun, is pretty dim... But still usable. They could have bumped the max up a bit, but whatever... It's great in every other condition.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I had to do a lot of the old school making your own shade, or putting your hand over it to see it well.

I've never had to do any of that in order to do anything on my N6 in sunlight. and that's coming from someone who needs reading glasses to decipher the text on his 27" monitor, which is typically at a larger font size than the text on a smartphone display, even the N6's.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I've never had to do any of that in order to do anything on my N6 in sunlight. and that's coming from someone who needs reading glasses to decipher the text on his 27" monitor, which is typically at a larger font size than the text on a smartphone display, even the N6's.

I'm talking no cloud direct sunlight in the desert. And I don't wear glasses. I just needed to make my own shade. It wasn't terrible but I couldn't see it that well in direct sunlight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had a lot of phones and it's one of the worst in sunlight imo. I have to crank the brightness up to 100 and then still tilt the phone to get a good angle to see what's on it. Love everything else about it so far in my couple days of ownership, but I'll probably be looking to unload it because of the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark