My YouTube won't play in the background.

Trevor Lewis

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
The feature to enable background play is gone in the setting menu. I don't know why I've tried everything except reformatting my phone. It's starting to get annoying. I thought it might just be a glitch that Google is trying to fix but its been this way for a month. I've tried uninstalling YouTube I've wiped everything I could and its still like this. Plz help!

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The feature to enable background play is gone in the setting menu. I don't know why I've tried everything except reformatting my phone. It's starting to get annoying. I thought it might just be a glitch that Google is trying to fix but its been this way for a month. I've tried uninstalling YouTube I've wiped everything I could and its still like this. Plz help!

I had the same issue a few months back. I tried what you tried then I just called Google and it was fixed in about twenty minutes. Unless your Google play music subscription ran out? I believe you need your subscription with that in order to have the YouTube backround play feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's never been able to play in the background for me. I think they just want you to view ads.

The only way for it to work is if you have the YouTube key (can't remember ever is called exactly).

I am subscribed to Google play music so i get access to it, I believe thats the only way.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta