The feature to enable background play is gone in the setting menu. I don't know why I've tried everything except reformatting my phone. It's starting to get annoying. I thought it might just be a glitch that Google is trying to fix but its been this way for a month. I've tried uninstalling YouTube I've wiped everything I could and its still like this. Plz help!
    07-13-2015 02:45 PM
    The feature to enable background play is gone in the setting menu. I don't know why I've tried everything except reformatting my phone. It's starting to get annoying. I thought it might just be a glitch that Google is trying to fix but its been this way for a month. I've tried uninstalling YouTube I've wiped everything I could and its still like this. Plz help!
    I had the same issue a few months back. I tried what you tried then I just called Google and it was fixed in about twenty minutes. Unless your Google play music subscription ran out? I believe you need your subscription with that in order to have the YouTube backround play feature.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-13-2015 02:49 PM
    It's never been able to play in the background for me. I think they just want you to view ads.
    07-13-2015 09:32 PM
    It's never been able to play in the background for me. I think they just want you to view ads.
    The only way for it to work is if you have the YouTube key (can't remember ever is called exactly).

I am subscribed to Google play music so i get access to it, I believe thats the only way.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-14-2015 07:37 AM