Chromecast without wifi

badger2727

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,

My parents both got nexus 6's because they like big phones. They don't have WiFi at their house and wanted to use a Chromecast to cast their screens. They take lots of videos and want to watch a Google okay movie or two. Is their any product that allows the nexus 6 to cast the screen without WiFi. I know the Chromecast will not work for them and I don't want to root their phones. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,

My parents both got nexus 6's because they like big phones. They don't have WiFi at their house and wanted to use a Chromecast to cast their screens. They take lots of videos and want to watch a Google okay movie or two. Is their any product that allows the nexus 6 to cast the screen without WiFi. I know the Chromecast will not work for them and I don't want to root their phones. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin

New From Google, an Ethernet Adapter for Chromecast | WIRED

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,

Thanks,
Austin

THIS might help.

The problem may come however in trying to set it up originally.

badger2727

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, guest mode uses the WiFi network the Chromecast is connected to. I really hope they add the option to just cast the screen without WiFi.

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, guest mode uses the WiFi network the Chromecast is connected to. I really hope they add the option to just cast the screen without WiFi.

Eh? And if you mean they cant even connect their CC to WiFi, buy them an ethernet adapter, as suggested earlier.

Hosting a social gathering? Guest mode makes it easier for your friends to cast their favorite media to your Chromecast from an Android phone without connecting to your Wi-Fi network.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't get it. If they have internet service by whatever means, and can hook up with Ethernet, then they must have a standard Ethernet connection for equipment. So what's stopping getting a little cheapo WiFi router and hooking that up?

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I had Hughes for a very long 9 years and had a router with wifi. On a side note, they will go over their daily cap if they watch a movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox