I currently have a Nexus 5 with T-Mobile and I am wondering if I get the Nexus 6 can I just take the sim card out of the Nexus 5 and put it in the Nexus 6 or do I need a new sim card?
    07-19-2015 11:53 AM
    I currently have a Nexus 5 with T-Mobile and I am wondering if I get the Nexus 6 can I just take the sim card out of the Nexus 5 and put it in the Nexus 6 or do I need a new sim card?
    The Nexus 5 uses a micro sim, and the Nexus 6 uses a nano sim. You can get an adapter to take a nano sim to micro, and also get your micro sim cut down to a nano. So yes, but it is easier to just get a new sim. If you are getting the Nexus 6 at T-Mobile, it comes with a nano sim already installed.

Alternatively, best buy and other retailers sell a nano sim T-Mobile kit, with adapters. If you need a new sim, I'd say pick one of those up so you can swap between the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 5 whenever you feel like it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    kct1975 and Crashdamage like this.
    07-19-2015 12:03 PM
    Okay I ordered the phone and sim card from Amazon. How do I go about selling my Nexus 5 and how much can I get for it?
    07-19-2015 11:13 PM
    Okay I ordered the phone and sim card from Amazon. How do I go about selling my Nexus 5 and how much can I get for it?
    Sell it on swappa.com it will depend on condition as to how much you will get for it. Check out the other Nexus 5's on the site and you will have an idea what it's worth.
    07-20-2015 12:33 AM
    Sell it on swappa.com it will depend on condition as to how much you will get for it. Check out the other Nexus 5's on the site and you will have an idea what it's worth.
    Thanks. I will check it out. The phone is in mint condition. Always in the case with a screen protector on it.
    Checked out the site. What does unlocked phone mean? I got the phone through T-Mobile and it is already paid off the balance owed.
    07-20-2015 12:39 PM
    Thanks. I will check it out. The phone is in mint condition. Always in the case with a screen protector on it.
    Checked out the site. What does unlocked phone mean? I got the phone through T-Mobile and it is already paid off the balance owed.
    It should be unlocked. I think all the carrier versions of the Nexus are unlocked, but you could always call 611 from your T-Mobile line and ask them if it is.

07-20-2015 02:42 PM
    Normally unlocked means that the phone can be used on different carriers (at least in terms of what Swappa is asking). For example the LG G4 that I have sitting on my desk is locked to T-Mobile because it's the T-Mobile version of the phone, meaning that it can only be used on T-Mobile unless I get it unlocked for use on AT&T. The Nexus 6 I have on the other hand is unlocked, meaning I can put in a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM and have it work.
    07-22-2015 02:00 PM
    Is the Nexus 5 unlocked. When I activated my Nexus 6 with the new sim card the woman on the phone said that the Nexus 5 was already unlocked. The balance on the Nexus 5 was bought from T-Mobile but the balance has been payed off since last year.
    07-22-2015 02:52 PM
    Yes every Nexus 5 is "sim unlocked" so it can be activated on any carrier except Verizon.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    07-22-2015 11:39 PM
    Yes every Nexus 5 is "sim unlocked" so it can be activated on any carrier except Verizon.
    It can be activated on Verizon too - as long as you have the nano-SIM from verizon already. They won't give you a nano-SIM for a Nexus 6 unless you bought it from them, but if you are upgrading from another device already on verizon that uses a nano-SIM, just move that SIM over and you are done.

BTW, the N6 that is sold by AT&T is SIM locked (you can get it unlocked after you pay for the device in full) AT&T's Nexus 6 Is SIM-Locked, Checks Mobile Hotspot Subscription Status For Tethering, And Has The Carrier's Ringtones
    07-24-2015 07:57 AM
    I bought my girlfriend a nexus 6 unlocked from bestbuy and we went into Verizon and they gave us nano sim and activated the phone right there.

07-24-2015 10:00 PM