Why I Like the Nexus 6

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had a lot of phones including old Moto flips, Iphones, Samsungs, LG and now this N6. I was trying to figure and rank, in order, why I like this phone so much. Here we go:

1. Size- After using a couple of Iphones, this size is very nice to me. I never make a mistake typing and videos look great

2. Ergonomics- I like holding the phone and looking at it.( weird?)

3. OS- Pure Android is a joy. Smooth, apps work really well.

4. Screen- Crystal clear. High resolution.

5. Wireless charging- Used it on an LG G2 I had and now I can't live without it.

6. Battery Life- Lasts all day

7. Sound- Front speakers are great.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had a lot of phones including old Moto flips, Iphones, Samsungs, LG and now this N6. I was trying to figure and rank, in order, why I like this phone so much. Here we go:

1. Size- After using a couple of Iphones, this size is very nice to me. I never make a mistake typing and videos look great

2. Ergonomics- I like holding the phone and looking at it.( weird?)

3. OS- Pure Android is a joy. Smooth, apps work really well.

4. Screen- Crystal clear. High resolution.

5. Wireless charging- Used it on an LG G2 I had and now I can't live without it.

6. Battery Life- Lasts all day

7. Sound- Front speakers are great.

Yeah that pretty much sums up why I loved the Nexus 6. Have you used any current flagship phone like the S6, G4, M9? if so, how does the Nexus compare to these in your opinion? I sold my Nexus 6 to buy an S6, sometimes I wish I hadn't and sometimes I'm glad I did. I prefer the S6 camera, but miss the shear size of the Nexus.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love it for some of the same reasons OP does too .

1. OS- Pure Android is a joy. Smooth, apps work really well.

2. Screen- Crystal clear. High resolution.

3. Wireless charging

4. Battery Life- Lasts all day

5. Sound- Dual Front Facing speakers are great.

Optional likes: :cool:

6. Easy to unlock bootloader

7. Easy to root/ or flash custom Roms/ or restore back to factory if needed or just want to.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The screen size is awesome. Really have been enjoying the size. The fluidity of the operating system is key. The phone is fast. Just having pure Google deliciousness is a joy. I like the camera. I know that there are some that don't, but I do. Sure, it could be a little faster, but with HDR+ turned off, I have no issues. Ok Google always being on regardless of screen on our plugged into the charger. Love this feature.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
In addition to not getting an Iphone 6S+ this year, like I had planned, I really don't see myself getting another Nexus, if the reports of the rumored phones are true. I don't want to go back to 5.7, but if it had wireless charging and a micro sd for storage, I would take a look at it. My wife has a Galaxy S6 that I babysit for her. She had issues with apps quitting, like texting, because of the memory issues with 5.0. So far with 5.1 she hasn't complained. It's a nice phone if you like that size.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that the N6 drops in price so that I can pick it up and the next Nexus in 2016 will likely be be the next purchase.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Smart move. You should be able to get one for around $399 soon. That would be a really good deal.

That is the only reason I'm holding out on buying it. Sucks being an adult and doing adult things like mortgage and car loans. Lol. Even if it drops $50, I would pick it up.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
will any of you be getting the next Nexus that is released or do you see yourself keeping the 6 for another year?

The one thing that would get me to upgrade is a fingerprint reader. If it turns out that the 2015 Nexii do not have that, there's a good chance I'll keep my Nexus 6 for another year. That is, unless the new versions have some other earth-shattering feature!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The one thing that would get me to upgrade is a fingerprint reader. If it turns out that the 2015 Nexii do not have that, there's a good chance I'll keep my Nexus 6 for another year. That is, unless the new versions have some other earth-shattering feature!

Well, considering that Android M is introducing fingerprint software, I'm guessing that the phones will have a reader on them; especially the Huawei Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, considering that Android M is introducing fingerprint software, I'm guessing that the phones will have a reader on them; especially the Huawei Nexus.

Oh, I think that's an almost certain lock... At min, the Huawei will, probably both though. If the native FP support is one of the things Google is publicizing, they aren't going to leave it out.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I think that's an almost certain lock... At min, the Huawei will, probably both though. If the native FP support is one of the things Google is publicizing, they aren't going to leave it out.

Exactly. I watched I/O, and I'm actually looking forward to the new features in M; the FP support, the stylus support via bluetooth, Google Now On Tap, and the new Photos. I'm just hoping that the battery will be sufficient, and that Doze and other power saving features they discussed work. I'm actually also hoping that Google allows Huawei to use their Kirin 950 processor as opposed to the SD 810, but that seems doubtful.

Posted via the Android Central App

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've seen the Nexus 6 for $500 unlocked at Best Buy. I almost pulled the trigger. My buddy has one and he loves it. My Note 4 and 6 Plus haven't given me any reason to get another toy though and my bf says I'm too much of a nerd as it is.
:(

from the Elegance

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've seen the Nexus 6 for $500 unlocked at Best Buy. I almost pulled the trigger. My buddy has one and he loves it. My Note 4 and 6 Plus haven't given me any reason to get another toy though and my bf says I'm too much of a nerd as it is.
:(

from the Elegance

You can find it cheaper than that if you look around. Amazon had it for $399 during their Prime one day sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo