Nexus 6 getting warm

Abdul Halim Baroudi

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just bought the device yesterday and it My gets warm (not hot) even when only using Google chrome. I also feel that the battery is draining fast when I'm using the device . Is somebody having the same problem? I owned a Samsung Note 2 before and it never got warm even when I used it intensively. Will appreciate your feedback.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Most phones these days will get warm. The phones are getting thinner and more powerful which makes it run warmer. Some even get hot.

Posted via the Android Central App

rigelic

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
It could be that since you just got the phone Google apps are installing and Google services are doing a lot of syncing which could chew up you battery and make the phone. I would wait a few days to see if it changes. You could also check the battery settings to see what app is using the most of the battery. I hope this gets better and you enjoy the phone!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Abed, make sure you get the phone upgraded to 5.1.1 as well. Mine does feel warm every now and then. Nothing to worry about. I switched from note 4 and could not be happier.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am on 5.1.1 and it still gets warm all the time... Specially after long periods of streaming video... I use the MLB.tv app to stream live MLB games and if I actually have it running for an entire game it gets pretty warm.. I'd even say HOT.... same thing if I am streaming YouTube or Netflix....

If I am outside in this Texas heat it can get almost untouchable hot.... sitting outside in the shade by the pool using the device it will get super hot to the touch....

Totally different but I stream music when I go cycling... it got so hot I could almost not pick the phone back up.... So much so I actually use a reusable gel ice pack in the bicycle pouch to rest the phone on to keep it from getting so hot I can't touch it (But that's not at all the phone... when it's 100+ outside and I am out for 2 hours the phone would get hot even if it were turned off the whole time.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463