Nexus 6 vs Nexus 5

Bakardii

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
First hello to everyone on forum, I just joined this community :D
I am looking to get my first android phone and I liked the nexus line. Especially because I found out of possibility of running other OSes like Ubuntu, Sailfish, Firefox OS. Now the question is , I found that running all of these is possible with Nexus 5 ( plenty of guides for that), but I am not sure where
Nexus 6 stands with this, so any advice would be really helpful.

thx :D

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a strong development support for the Nexus 6, so I would think someone has made it possible to install one or more of those OS'. Have you checked XDA to see if anything is available? That'll be your best bet in terms of finding custom OS' and ROMs for the Nexus 6.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
XDA Developer forums is where u want to ask this. But honestly, vanilla android is such an awesome and enjoyable experience. For me, I don't want it any another way. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I have Nexus 6 and phone is amazing.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 6 has just as many options as the Nexus 5. (give or take a few things) Either one is a good choice. If you want a more future proof phone, the obvious choice is the Nexus 6. BTW, welcome!

As others have mentioned, XDA is your one stop shop for all things about customizing your phone, Nexus or not. #1 site in the world for these type of things.