OK, here's the scenario.

I decided I wanted a N6 because they've been discounted. Bought one on Amazon from Motorola, wife is sending it to me because I'm still working down range with the Army. I plan on using my Roshan sim in it until I get ready to travel home, then I will pop in my Verizon sim that I have from my Moto X 2014.

When I get home in November, I plan on switching my family plan to T-Mobile.

I've been to the Google page that lists all the factory images. I understand that there's an "all carriers" image and there's an image for T-Mobile customers that enable WiFi calling.

Questions:
    1. If my phone isn't already loaded with 5.1.1, should I load the All Carriers image? Or...
    2. Can I go ahead and load the T-Mobile image and still use my Verizon sim with it?
    3. If I load the All Carriers image, will my phone auto-update to the T-Mobile image? Or will I have to wipe it and side load it manually?

Thanks in advance.
    08-02-2015 01:35 AM
    Wow...all I hear are crickets. It's like I just emailed my boss or something...
    08-02-2015 10:48 AM
    Download and flash the ALL Carriers image.

What happened for me (I recently swapped my N6 from AT&T to T-Mobile) is at the first reboot AFTER swapping the SIM card, I got a small OTA that put me on the T-Mobile image without wiping anything. Wifi calling works as expected.
    John Sandoval likes this.
    08-02-2015 11:40 AM
    Download and flash the ALL Carriers image.

What happened for me (I recently swapped my N6 from AT&T to T-Mobile) is at the first reboot AFTER swapping the SIM card, I got a small OTA that put me on the T-Mobile image without wiping anything. Wifi calling works as expected.
    Thanks Jerry, I appreciate the help!
    08-03-2015 03:36 AM
    I didn't get why you want to flash carrier image? I believe better is if your phone is unbranded. First faster software updates. Second less bloatware. Third no carrier control. Maybe Im wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 06:38 PM
    I didn't get why you want to flash carrier image? I believe better is if your phone is unbranded. First faster software updates. Second less bloatware. Third no carrier control. Maybe Im wrong.

Having the T-Mobile image gives you T-Mobile WiFi calling. That's worth it.
    LeoRex likes this.
    08-03-2015 07:23 PM
    Seriously? It should be like small update if sim correct simcard is in phone.

08-03-2015 07:25 PM