This phone still worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm in the market for a android phone, and I want something that's stock android. The problem is that really only leaves me with either nexus phones or Motorola. The moto style is going to be around the same price for a equivalent nexus 6 and it's going to have a better processor. However, having a pure Google phone may still be worth it, even though Motorola is close. Now that the nexus 6 is at 500 dollars, is it worth getting or should I wait for whatever the new nexus may be? My main concern with the nexus 6 is wether it's outdated by now and wether the story's of its smiled screen burning in are true or not or something to worry about.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it will be outdated. I had the g4 and note 4 got rid of both. The nexus 6 runs better than both of those phones. I think it really depends on the size. If you like the 6" screen size go for it. If you think it's too big wait. Not sure what carrier you're on but I know the turbo took forever for updates so you may want to stick with a nexus device so you know you will get updates for quite a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm in the market for a android phone, and I want something that's stock android. The problem is that really only leaves me with either nexus phones or Motorola. The moto style is going to be around the same price for a equivalent nexus 6 and it's going to have a better processor. However, having a pure Google phone may still be worth it, even though Motorola is close. Now that the nexus 6 is at 500 dollars, is it worth getting or should I wait for whatever the new nexus may be? My main concern with the nexus 6 is wether it's outdated by now and wether the story's of its smiled screen burning in are true or not or something to worry about.

I'd wait for the new Nexus phones. This way you can have a choice of getting either the LG or the Huawei, whichever you're comfortable with. Odds are you'll get a bigger battery and mpre RAM in the Huawei phablet than the one in the Moto Nexus, plus, you want to be sure you're getting the best processor, for probably around the same price. If you still want the Moto, though, by the time the new phones do come out, it'll probably be cheaper. It's a win-win if you wait a bit more.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd wait for the new Nexus phones. This way you can have a choice of getting either the LG or the Huawei, whichever you're comfortable with. Odds are you'll get a bigger battery and mpre RAM in the Huawei phablet than the one in the Moto Nexus, plus, you want to be sure you're getting the best processor, for probably around the same price. If you still want the Moto, though, by the time the new phones do come out, it'll probably be cheaper. It's a win-win if you wait a bit more.

I'm a big fan of instant gratification, so waiting was never one of my strong suits :)

But your right. Do we even have a idea when those new nexus phones will be out?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm a big fan of instant gratification, so waiting was never one of my strong suits :)

But your right. Do we even have a idea when those new nexus phones will be out?

Google usually releases phones in October at the earliest, November at the latest. I saw somewhere that they may be announced next month in Germany, which would mean an October release.

Status
Not open for further replies.