switching to iPhone from nexus 6?!?!?!

Isaac3

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
In the past month or so I've been debating whether to jump ship or hold out for the new Nexus. I'm not a fan of LG or Huawei devices. I'm tired of less than par battery life, random hiccups in 5.1.1 and now security concerns surrounding Android and having to wait for software patches. Am I the only one here? Someone convince me I'm wrong here. And you don't have to be nice about it!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I understand your concern.
Personally my "other" OS would be WP.
Point being they have been targeted much longer.
While the larger footprint of W10 is a factor IMO they have robust resources on the case.
MS also has a flagship on the horizon.
Just something to consider.
Good Luck.

Hunter Petit

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
In the past month or so I've been debating whether to jump ship or hold out for the new Nexus. I'm not a fan of LG or Huawei devices. I'm tired of less than par battery life, random hiccups in 5.1.1 and now security concerns surrounding Android and having to wait for software patches. Am I the only one here? Someone convince me I'm wrong here. And you don't have to be nice about it!

Wait out until the Nexuses are announced then see how you feel. iOS has had more security problems than Android has. Please dont leave us!

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site

No offense, but if you need convincing to stay, then you should go ahead and try the other side of the fence. You might like it. On the other hand you might discover that you enjoyed the Android experience better than you thought. You won't know until you have tried it.

I presently use both Android and iOS products and personally enjoy Android much better. That is just me. For every issue you mentioned and those you have not stated myself or someone else could make a counterargument, but you are the one who has to live with your decision. Go with what you feel you want or need to do.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I do like android overall but IOS apps feels like they're much better optimized l. I just kept both lol.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

dblake15

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
After being on iPhone 5s after my nexus 6 camera just stunk. I can honestly say I am really liking it. I haven't been on ios since the 3gs but between the terrible nexus camera and now the security flaws I am thinking 6s. Also the apps look better and have some more features for the most part. Interested in new nexus' too though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac3

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
After being on iPhone 5s after my nexus 6 camera just stunk. I can honestly say I am really liking it. I haven't been on ios since the 3gs but between the terrible nexus camera and now the security flaws I am thinking 6s. Also the apps look better and have some more features for the most part. Interested in new nexus' too though

Do you miss the back button? It's one of my biggest concerns if I do switch.

dblake15

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly for the first couple of days I missed everything about android. Now I am not sure I will go back.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the iphone 6 plus and the nexus 6. I would say I use my iphone 6 plus more, mainly because of my work and the battery life is incredible. I would say the apps look better on the iphone. I enjoy the nexus better, screen is better. The iphone 6 plus has a nice screen too, but not as nice. Another consideration for me was my wife has an iphone, daughters have ipods so we can all facetime and imessage which is nice.

Also, it took me about 3 good weeks of solid use with iphone before I was comfortable with using it as a daily phone. The first week I was ready to throw it against the wall. Each are great phones but take different paths in getting similar things done.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you miss the back button? It's one of my biggest concerns if I do switch.

I got used to not using the back button. Also, in ios you can swipe things away and swipe back. For instance if I click on a twitter pic it comes up and I can just swipe it up and it goes back to where I was in twitter. On android I have to hit the back button.

78racing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
How did you get your text messages from the N6 over to the 6+ ? I have tried wondershare and a couple others, apparently there programs do not support the N6 yet.

thanks

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I've owned almost every Android flagship for the past 4 years. I recently bought an iPhone 6 for cheap to flip. Since I got it I've been using it as my daily to see "what I've been missing" all this time. Guess what.........I f**king love it. It's so refined and polished compared to Android. I hate to sound cliché but, everything just works so well. There's just a few things I miss, like wireless charging and Tasker. Now this doesn't mean I'm jumping off the Android bandwagon by any means. I still plan to pick up a Pure, Nexus and probably a used Note 5 soon, but this isn't a bad break with an iPhone 6.

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Try out the Nexus 6 if you think you can handle the size. It's a beast in just about every category. And as always you get Updates early from Google.

Delivered by my Shamu

geebee1932

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hope this helps. Here is what I posted on XDA. I switched to an iPhone 6+ three months ago and just switched back to my Nexus 6.

I am happy to be back in the Nexus 6 community after a 3 month break to seriously try out the iPhone 6+. I finally succumbed to my kids badgering me to get an iPhone. I though that I would share some of the good and bad. I have been an android user since the original Sprint Hero and have always been happy with the operating platforms. Three months ago I put away my N6 for an iPhone 6+. I gave it 3 months to really try the OS, the apps, and the general ecosystem of the phone.

The Good:
  • The iPhone 6+ integrates perfectly with a Mac and iPad. Calls, texts (from other iMessage users) generally show up in all 3 places. You never have to switch devices to answer a text.
  • Battery life was by far the best from any phone that I have ever used. I generally charged every other day with similar use my N6 needs a daily charge.
  • The screen is bright and readable, crisp and clear.
  • The build quality is of course top notch.
  • The phone is fast and fluid - even with 1G of RAM.
  • Updates - you never have to wait once released.

The Not So Good:
  • I have my N6 set up so when I unlock it I see my calendar, weather, alarms, txts, and email. With the iPhone I was always just looking at apps. I know I could swipe down for notifications and see all of the above - but it was just one more step.
  • Files were a total pain - I always had to upload them out of dropbox. Copy and paste from the web to a document, email, or text - there is most likely a way but I never found a good one.
  • You cannot list the apps in ABC order. I was always hunting around for the app that I wanted.
  • No real widgets.

The Worst (for me)
  • The screen was just too small. I want a device that I could use as both a phone and a tablet, and the iPhone was just not big enough.
  • Call quality - I could hear just fine, however everyone I talked to said I sounded like I was under water even with a headset.
  • Its somewhat vain but with an iPhone you are just like everyone else. At least the N6 stands out!

I am happy to be back with the N6. It seems to just do more of what I want. Hope this helps anyone considering doing the same.

TyrellNexus

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for this post...I've been using N6 and iPh6+ on and off for several months. (T Mobile) With the Marshallow 6.0 update, this has taken things to a new level for me and the Nexus 6 is fast becoming my one and only.

veritas_vincit

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I just went the other way around from iPhone 6 Plus to Motorola Nexus 6. Finally, Google could catch up with OS stability after OS 5.1, and with more practical features that allowed me to stay in the Android ecosystem. I rely heavily on notifications for my communications and iOS is not reliable for that, but Android is.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Good concise informative post! Thanks!
The iPhone 6+ integrates perfectly with a Mac and iPad. Calls, texts (from other iMessage users) generally show up in all 3 places. You never have to switch devices to answer a text.

On Android + PC, have you tried pushbullet? I don't like to pick up my phone to read/reply to a text (or whatsapp etc) either. Pushbullet handles that beautifully. My calls come in via Google Voice, so PC gets the calls too. Love the integration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol