Hangouts and emoticons

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay everyone so in my contacts list for the Nexus 6 or any other Android phone for that matter, if you save a contact name with emoticons for being fancy, for regular SMS text contact It'll in hang out but for a hangouts im it won't. Any reason why?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

danielson2047

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Are u referring to the fact that the n6 doesnt have the newer style emojis but the old ones? I havent been able to figure that out either.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are u referring to the fact that the n6 doesnt have the newer style emojis but the old ones? I havent been able to figure that out either.

Posted via the Android Central App
Oh no no no I'm sorry it's just that in Google Hangouts if you use hangouts as an instant message client for the contact I'm sure you can save an emoticon next to the gmail email address period for an SMS texting contact Android emoticons works just fine but not for hangouts IM IM conversations prepared by the way, if you are rooted you can change out the emoticons to iOS which look a lot nicer. I'm on lollipop 5.1.1 software version and rooted with iOS emoticons. The only time that I will on route and white my phone completely is when Android have finally officially releases on that I like my hidden LED notification light and the iOS emoticons. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair