It's an older phone, I know, but I'm extremely happy with the decision. Wouldn't go back.

Posted via the Android Central App
    kct1975, jimbo1mcm and n-strike like this.
    08-28-2015 11:15 AM
    for the Nexus 6. It's an older phone, I know, but I'm extremely happy with the decision. Wouldn't go back.

Welcome to the Nexus 6!

I agree that the Nexus 6 is a better device. I personally love the fact that it is a Nexus device with premium specs.

Enjoy your Nexus 6!

Sent from my NS-P16AT10 using Tapatalk
    08-28-2015 11:34 AM
    Welcome to the Nexus 6!

I agree that the Nexus 6 is a better device. I personally love the fact that it is a Nexus device with premium specs.

Enjoy your Nexus 6!

Thanks!

kct1975 likes this.
    08-28-2015 12:32 PM
    Well, yes, it's older... but not THAT old. But it's also a phone that, hardware-wise, it should age pretty well.

Plus, you won't have to wait for a leak to find out when/if it gets Android M.
    kct1975 likes this.
    08-28-2015 01:36 PM
    I, too, opted for the Nexus 6. Its' large screen and clear display drew me to it versus the features of competing handsets. Traded in my disappointing LG 3.
    kct1975 likes this.
    08-28-2015 02:20 PM
    Well, yes, it's older... but not THAT old. But it's also a phone that, hardware-wise, it should age pretty well.

Plus, you won't have to wait for a leak to find out when/if it gets Android M.
    Exactly. Not that old. I see it aging pretty well, indeed. I do wish it had a slot for a micro SD card, as I have used them in the past. But I think that usage is obviously going by the wayside.

Plus, with stock, I have so much free space that heavy skins usually use up.

It's a great phone.

08-29-2015 09:40 AM
    I swapped my 3 week old Samsung Galaxy S6 for a Nexus 6 this weekend, not a single regret.
    08-31-2015 04:18 AM
    I swapped both my LG G4, and Sprint, for a Nexus 6 and Verizon. Both are rocking in my area. I'm thrilled with the decision.

09-02-2015 07:12 PM
    Welcome to the Nexus 6!

Enjoy your Nexus 6!

I loled at "better device"

09-06-2015 11:14 AM
    I loled at "better device"

I believe that the Nexus 6 is a better device than devices from Samsung. For one thing, TouchWiz absolutely sux! Also the hardware specs of the Nexus 6 are at least as good as the Samsung Edge, with better speakers (front facing stereo)
    09-06-2015 11:32 AM
    Nexus 6 > Anything churned out by Samsung.
    09-06-2015 02:38 PM
    Settle down now....

Look, at this point with the devices coming on to the market, what device is better is a matter of opinion. People can list off their own pros and cons, but they all depend on a particular individual's preferences. Some may prioritize certain features over others.... and the next guy may think the complete opposite.
    09-09-2015 09:25 AM
    Opposite Direction - I had a Nexus 6 and went for the S6 Edge+, and I would not go back. The Camera and extra GB of memory make this phone a better choice for me. Touchwiz has been greatly modified and does not really get in it's own way like it did in the past. The speed on the Edge+ is incredible and there is zero lag going back and forth between programs.
    Connor B, emad1995 and Nchaka like this.
    09-10-2015 10:54 AM
    You sir are correct, there is no "perfect" or "best", it's a matter of personal needs and subjective opinion. That's the best thing about Android.
    09-10-2015 11:12 AM
    Opposite Direction - I had a Nexus 6 and went for the S6 Edge+, and I would not go back. The Camera and extra GB of memory make this phone a better choice for me. Touchwiz has been greatly modified and does not really get in it's own way like it did in the past. The speed on the Edge+ is incredible and there is zero lag going back and forth between programs.
    Can't really disagree with you - it was a terrific phone. I don't really care about the camera, but that extra gig of ram will be nice in time.

09-10-2015 05:40 PM
    I had note 5 for a week switched back to nexus 6. Only the screen was better for me. Even running nova it just didn't seem as smooth as my Nexus. There just wasn't anything for me to say it was better for the money I spent

09-11-2015 06:20 AM
    Just bought a n6. Been using an lg g3 for several months but software and battery let it down. I do like the camera.
    Looking forward to what the n6 is like.

09-13-2015 09:15 AM
    I really dislike the front speakers of my N6. I'd rather have the single bottom speaker on my S6e. Must louder in the pocket over the muffled fronts against my leg and can't hear it.
    09-17-2015 08:41 PM
    My GF had a Nexus 6 and returned it for the S6e Plus.

I can see why, the S6eP is clearly the better phone

09-20-2015 01:35 PM
    This is probably my favorite phone I've had so far. It's weird because I don't miss the battery and SD card.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    iPhoneTHS likes this.
    09-20-2015 02:52 PM
    Can't really disagree with you - it was a terrific phone. I don't really care about the camera, but that extra gig of ram will be nice in time.

Yeah, in 2018 when no one will be using the current devices. I just opened at least 30 apps, including a couple 3D games, and I still had 1.7GB of free RAM. 4 gigs of RAM is unneeded right now, and in the near future. It's more for bragging rights than practicality. By the time 4+ gigs are 'needed', you won't care about using an S6 or Nexus 6.
    09-20-2015 10:24 PM
    I really dislike the front speakers of my N6. I'd rather have the single bottom speaker on my S6e. Must louder in the pocket over the muffled fronts against my leg and can't hear it.
    This must be a joke, right?

My GF had a Nexus 6 and returned it for the S6e Plus.

I can see why, the S6eP is clearly the better phone

Maybe for your GF it is, but I wouldn't use a Sammy device if it was free. Speak for her, not everyone else.
    09-20-2015 10:27 PM
    This must be a joke, right?

Maybe for your GF it is, but I wouldn't use a Sammy device if it was free. Speak for her, not everyone else.
    I'm not speaking for everyone ekse.

I just can't see how the N6 is better

09-21-2015 08:17 AM
    I'm not speaking for everyone ekse.

I just can't see how the N6 is better

When you say "the S6e is clearly the better phone", you are stating it as fact. What should be said is: "for me (or GF), the S6e is clearly the better phone".
    09-21-2015 12:20 PM
    It's an older phone, I know, but I'm extremely happy with the decision. Wouldn't go back.

I recently returned my Galaxy S6 for the Nexus 6. The S6 has MASSIVE signal issues since their lovely Antenna change over to the FLEX technology. There was no correcting it. So I got the Nexus 6 and I have been happy. I did loose some features, and it kind of hurts to loose the camera quality but I will live, as I now have no signal issues
    09-25-2015 11:26 AM