NoLED Program

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the Nexus 6. Traded in my LG3 (Verizon) to get it. I simply found the LG3 disappointing in several ways. I was drawn to the 6 by its vibrant display and large screen.

It was not till I explored it at home that I discovered it lacked a notification LED. I was about to exercise my 14-day return option when a friend tipped me to a free program called NoLED; which saved the day. I was a long-time user of Light Flow on my former Android handsets.

While NoLED is good, it does not even come close to the options Light Flow afforded. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and applaud the developer - I sent a donation because I felt it only right.

My question is this, does anyone know of similar programs? I seek one that will allow me to customize each notification - text, email, messenger, etc.

Of particular concern is an option that will allow me to silence the audible notification tone overnight yet still allow the icon to appear on the screen during those hours.

Many thanks for your guidance. Thus far, I am impressed with the Nexus 6 - - think I've finally found a handset I will enjoy for more than just the first few months!

Fred

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the Nexus 6. Traded in my LG3 (Verizon) to get it. I simply found the LG3 disappointing in several ways. I was drawn to the 6 by its vibrant display and large screen.

It was not till I explored it at home that I discovered it lacked a notification LED. I was about to exercise my 14-day return option when a friend tipped me to a free program called NoLED; which saved the day. I was a long-time user of Light Flow on my former Android handsets.

While NoLED is good, it does not even come close to the options Light Flow afforded. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and applaud the developer - I sent a donation because I felt it only right.

My question is this, does anyone know of similar programs? I seek one that will allow me to customize each notification - text, email, messenger, etc.

Of particular concern is an option that will allow me to silence the audible notification tone overnight yet still allow the icon to appear on the screen during those hours.

Many thanks for your guidance. Thus far, I am impressed with the Nexus 6 - - think I've finally found a handset I will enjoy for more than just the first few months!

Fred
Nexus 6 has notification LED's. Custom roms have tweaks for it. There is also app called LightFlow.
Go ahead, root it and open up a whole new wonderful world!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I am a 66 yo "geezer." Can you point to a step-by-step site so I can do this "root" thing without rendering the phone useless?

Much obliged!

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I am a 66 yo "geezer." Can you point to a step-by-step site so I can do this "root" thing without rendering the phone useless?

Much obliged!
Wow, I'm really glad for your brave to root, install etc with Nexus device. I believe you are oldest Android geek here.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I'm really glad for your brave to root, install etc with Nexus device. I believe you are oldest Android geek here.

I'm probably second oldest then. I routinely flash roms and experiment. No biggie. Then again, I used to be a computer tech and am not afraid to tinker.

Anyway, I use a custom rom that has LED notifications by default. Nice feature.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Being in the IT field for over 20 years, one thing I've learned is backup your project. That way if you blow it up, you can always restore from a previous. The Nexus line of devices does this SO well. :)

mrnaughty

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Settings >backup & restore
2. ROOT, TWRP, NANDROID BACKUP
3. Titanium Backup root

I use all 3

Thanks, but is there besides Backup with titanium Backup pro, any other benefits that I don't see? Why there is one just like in iTunes? Just saying.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Being in the IT field for over 20 years, one thing I've learned is backup your project. That way if you blow it up, you can always restore from a previous. The Nexus line of devices does this SO well. :)
So if you work IT, than you should to know, if it works than don't touch. As much you touch than is bigger chance to break it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
So if you work IT, than you should to know, if it works than don't touch. As much you touch than is bigger chance to break it.

Because I like trying different roms. I never run a rom more than 2 weeks before wiping and trying something else. But I always keep a nandroid backup of stock Tmobile just in case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon