Date Format wrong

BoboBandini

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Been spending a lot of time trying to figure this problem out. What's happening is the date format on various apps on my phone are showing an incorrect format. The format it is showing is DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY. I've looked everywhere, I've posted on the google nexus 6 forums, and even talked to google tech support. I've also just done a factory reset and that didn't fix the issue. In the date time settings on the phone, there is no option to change that format. This is really bizarre. Anyone have any ideas? Appreciate your help!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've read this complaint several times in different forums. I don't think there's a solution. One of the only places I see MM/DD/YYYY is in the "More info" details of a photo (exif).

BoboBandini

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting, couldn't find any recent complaints. I notice it on the Google play store and whatsapp as well. Really strange problem. I wonder if it has to do with the 5.1.1 update.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Do a search for "date format" on XDA. There are several threads on the topic. Some are inside other threads.

It's not a LP issue. I'm on KK and it's the same for me.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It's not really wrong. The rest of the world formats dates as DD/MM/YYYY. It's just in the US that we do month first. At my job I do some imports, so it took awhile to get used to that format, but it makes sense.

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It's not really wrong. The rest of the world formats dates as DD/MM/YYYY. It's just in the US that we do month first. At my job I do some imports, so it took awhile to get used to that format, but it makes sense.

Posted via the Android Central App
It's not that it's wrong. It's that if you set it with MM/DD/YYYY, you expect to see it that way. It really doesn't bother me personally, but it does some people.

clumpymold

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Been spending a lot of time trying to figure this problem out. What's happening is the date format on various apps on my phone are showing an incorrect format. The format it is showing is DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY. I've looked everywhere, I've posted on the google nexus 6 forums, and even talked to google tech support. I've also just done a factory reset and that didn't fix the issue. In the date time settings on the phone, there is no option to change that format. This is really bizarre. Anyone have any ideas? Appreciate your help!

I know this is SUPER old but I just figured it out on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) and thought I'd share. I have also been experiencing this issue and realized that, to change this back to USA format, go to: Language and Input. Select "English (US)". Mine was actually set to "English (Canada)". Problem solved!

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Under “Languages & Input” choose “English (Australia)” or whatever region has the date format you want. If you have more than one language the first is used (you can reorder them).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech