Adding new Contacts - Don't want to sync from gmail, how can I do this?

JohnB352

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Adding new Contacts - Don't want to sync

Previously with my Samsung phone I didn't have to sync my Contacts with my gmail account. Now it seems that I have now choice.

Is there a way to add new Contacts on my Nexus 6, without syncing them with my gmail account?

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Adding new Contacts - Don't want to sync

Previously with my Samsung phone I didn't have to sync my Contacts with my gmail account. Now it seems that I have now choice.

Is there a way to add new Contacts on my Nexus 6, without syncing them with my gmail account?

You should be able to Disable the Contacts Sync in the Settings.

Settings >>> Accounts>>>Google>>>{your account} then tap the slider for contacts, and you should be able to turn it off.

I, however, recommend that you allow your contacts to sync so that they are backed up.

JohnB352

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Adding new Contacts - Don't want to sync

I've had an app on my phone for some time now that I use to backup my Contacts. So I didn't want to back them up to two places. But now this has got me thinking more about this. If I do sync to Google, I can easily manage my Contacts there, such as eliminate duplicates. Ok, so you've changed my mind.

But if I go to setting on my phone for my Google account, Contacts sync was already enabled. But, if I go to Google/Contacts on a PC (and I'm logged into gmail), I don't see my contacts there. I've had this Nexus 6 for about a month now. So I'm surprised I don't see my phone contacts in Google Contacts. What could be the reason they're not there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol