Browser of choice

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but what is everyone's browser of choice? I use Chrome and then went into the chrome flags and enable 128 megabyte more tiles for the amount of RAM from uses to speed it up. However, what does everyone else you are used? Thanks. I try to the only you just your forces the chrome Google thinking of the book marks that's the huge advantage of chrome of course.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
A couple of questions for you regarding the lining browser then. Does it support chrome sync? Is the footprint of it for filespace lighter than chrome or heavier than chrome?

Since Lightning Browser is not a Google product, no, it doesn't support Chrome sync.

It does seem to have a lighter file space footprint than Chrome, and it also seems to render web pages a bit faster than Chrome, and much faster than other browser apps (Firefox, Dolphin, ect.)

Another feature is Incognito Mode, which provides a private browsing session, where no data is retained at all.

It also blocks most ads using Ad Block features.

I'll be more than happy to answer additional questions.

If, however, you have any really questions, feel free to contact the developer Anthony. He is friendly and very responsive. You can find his email address is on the Google Play page.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Since Lightning Browser is not a Google product, no, it doesn't support Chrome sync.

It does seem to have a lighter file space footprint than Chrome, and it also seems to render web pages a bit faster than Chrome, and much faster than other browser apps (Firefox, Dolphin, ect.)

Another feature is Incognito Mode, which provides a private browsing session, where no data is retained at all.

If, however, you have any really questions, feel free to contact the developer Anthony. He is friendly and very responsive. You can find his email address is on the Google Play page.
Hey thanks. So I've done my calculations on my Nexus 6. Chrome requires 96 mega memory totally to run. Lightning browser requires 4.7 megs of memory to run. That's a huge difference. I was able to sync my Google Chrome bookmarks in the Lightning browser app, but what if I have new bookmarks in the future? That is what is always going to hold me back so what do you think?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Actually, I did try everyone else's suggestion as well and I love my Google Chrome bookmarks sync which I need have too many bookmarks sync to the cloud. But I uninstall the updates for Chrome and went back to the original version and here's a screenshot of how much file space the first version of Google Chrome for Android takes up. Is very interesting.uploadfromtaptalk1441352088609.jpg

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Nova Prime. Backup for all my home screens & widgets plus tons of look & feel settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime. Backup for all my home screens & widgets plus tons of look & feel settings.

We're talking about browsers here, not launchers. Thanks anyways though.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
We're talking about browsers here, not launchers. Thanks anyways though.

Damn! That's what I get for being up at 4 AM and trying to browse the forums before I have my coffee!
Somebody just slap me!

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have used the advanced version (effective ad blocker) of Lightening Browser on both my new N6 and my former LG3.

I adore it - - and the developer (Anthony) welcomes and timely responds to questions.

It is 100% free.

Fred
a/k/a "The Geezer" (Kind of like the moniker!)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but after uninstalling Google Chrome last night at work on my phone, the first generation of first iteration of Google Chrome vs all of those updates seems a lot snappier and seems that is a much lighter footprint then the updates work.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to use Chrome Browser but there are some features what Chrome has or hasn't. Like extensions (adblock), disable un-required things. So for those and other reasons Firefox is much more better.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to use Chrome Browser but there are some features what Chrome has or hasn't. Like extensions (adblock), disable un-required things. So for those and other reasons Firefox is much more better.

Well I guess that, vs the most up to date version of Chrome in the App Store, the first version after uninstalling it is much lighter for the file space and I think faster rendering website, and quicker read page loading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03