Tasker

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, so I've been doing some research since battery settings on the Nexus is so important, I've had my location settings to battery saving mode low battery usage but not using Google Maps actively. And I'm talking the setting which isn't a big deal but I've seen so many tutorials about using task killer app with another app if you're rooted. Has anyone uses her for? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up and configure it and its getting frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, so I've been doing some research since battery settings on the Nexus is so important, I've had my location settings to battery saving mode low battery usage but not using Google Maps actively. And I'm talking the setting which isn't a big deal but I've seen so many tutorials about using task killer app with another app if you're rooted. Has anyone uses her for? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up and configure it and its getting frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Not much help, I know, but I agree with you. I tried the Tasker app on the HTC M8 that I had several months ago, and I couldn't figure it out either.

Like you, I find the Tasker app way to confusing.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not much help, I know, but I agree with you. I tried the Tasker app on the HTC M8 that I had several months ago, and I couldn't figure it out either.

Like you, I find the Tasker app way to confusing.
Oh trust me I agree with you the concept is great! I spend hours trying to figure it out and it doesn't take me hours to figure anything out for applications or configurations. If someone else could try to help us out here that would be great!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Tasker is very intimidating when you first set out to use it. It's a very useful app when you are able to use it effectively. For your case, you can disable GPS and allow it to activate when Maps is opened (unless there are other apps you want it on with). It'll stay off until Maps is opened.

There are a lot of how-to videos on Youtube, including help on Tasker's Wiki page. Don't give up on it. Try learning it and you'll find it very useful.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Tasker is very intimidating when you first set out to use it. It's a very useful app when you are able to use it effectively. For your case, you can disable GPS and allow it to activate when Maps is opened (unless there are other apps you want it on with). It'll stay off until Maps is opened.

There are a lot of how-to videos on Youtube, including help on Tasker's Wiki page. Don't give up on it. Try learning it and you'll find it very useful.
Actually, to be honest with you, I would like my location settings to stay on battery saving because my Google now cards of course he used some sort of location does not high accuracy. Then I click on high accuracy of Google Maps. When I'm done with Google Maps I stopped at some background processing and go from high accuracy setting to battery saving mode. If tasker couldn't do that then I'll deal with it I was just curious if I could accomplish that.

belayted

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Choose "Application" in Tasker and select Maps to trigger the profile when maps launches. In Task, change to high accuracy using "Secure Settings" plugin. Select "Location Mode" as High accuracy in Secure Settings.

Attaching the profile what I use. Rename to "GPS_Apps.prf.xml" and you can import the same in tasker.

Attachments

• GPS_Apps.prf.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 15

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Choose "Application" in Tasker and select Maps to trigger the profile when maps launches. In Task, change to high accuracy using "Secure Settings" plugin. Select "Location Mode" as High accuracy in Secure Settings.

Attaching the profile what I use. Rename to "GPS_Apps.prf.xml" and you can import the same in tasker.
Okay, so as long as they use the settings that you described in the configuration, the Tasker app should work for what I want for Google Maps? , I'll give it a shot. I'll update you. Thank you.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I tried to rename your profile but it won't let me. Tasker won't and is unable to import the profile either. I'm still at a crossroads. & I would really love to use this application once and for all.

belayted

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I tried to rename your profile but it won't let me. Tasker won't and is unable to import the profile either. I'm still at a crossroads. & I would really love to use this application once and for all.

you have download this file and rename to "GPS_Apps.prf.xml" using any file manager. Later tap on "PROFILES" tab and import the file you renamed.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
you have download this file and rename to "GPS_Apps.prf.xml" using any file manager. Later tap on "PROFILES" tab and import the file you renamed.
OK so I've renamed the file using a file manager, but again, this is where i get confused, because I go into tasker and I don't see an import file option. Thanks for the extreme help. This is why it doesn't make sense to me unfortunately.

belayted

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
OK so I've renamed the file using a file manager, but again, this is where i get confused, because I go into tasker and I don't see an import file option. Thanks for the extreme help. This is why it doesn't make sense to me unfortunately.

Open the tasket app and tap on "PROFILES" tab twice. You will get an import option. Sorry i didn't mention correctly.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Open the tasket app and tap on "PROFILES" tab twice. You will get an import option. Sorry i didn't mention correctly.
Ok, so I think I imported the XML file directly and import into tasker. But when I went to google maps and asked me to put high accuracy GPS mode on I said ok, when I exited out of it I waited a few minutes for the time out from Tasker but it did not work. Am I missing something? Attached are some screenshots to show you what I'm saying hopefully it'll help you out. Thanks again.uploadfromtaptalk1441555365471.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441555375271.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441555382276.jpg

belayted

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I think I imported the XML file directly and import into tasker. But when I went to google maps and asked me to put high accuracy GPS mode on I said ok, when I exited out of it I waited a few minutes for the time out from Tasker but it did not work. Am I missing something? Attached are some screenshots to show you what I'm saying hopefully it'll help you out. Thanks again.View attachment 195332View attachment 195333View attachment 195334

You need to have root access to change any location settings.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You need to have root access to change any location settings.
Thank you and I actually figured most of it out myself finally. After a lot of trial and error. The only thing I can figure out is how to automatically max out the media volume when you enter Google Maps and then when you exit Google Maps to have the media volume reset back down to a normal low level of 3.

belayted

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Thank you and I actually figured most of it out myself finally. After a lot of trial and error. The only thing I can figure out is how to automatically max out the media volume when you enter Google Maps and then when you exit Google Maps to have the media volume reset back down to a normal low level of 3.

You can have an exit task so that it will trigger upon you exit Maps.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You can have an exit task so that it will trigger upon you exit Maps.
Will I get sad when Google Maps is launched GPS has high accuracy where is there they have the media volume maxed out at level 6 and then when I exit Google Maps everything is supposed to go back down to normal but the volume levels don't work consistently. I don't know what I'm missing.