...and wanted to know if there are any differences in Google Nexus devices purchased through a wireless carrier than in those purchased directly from the Play Store.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-16-2015 05:28 AM
    Still is a great phone to buy. I bought mine about a month ago, do not regret anything. If you buy it through the play store, there will not be any carrier bloatware.

qbngator likes this.
    09-16-2015 05:32 AM
    As long as the carrier is a US carrier, the phones are the same, with one exception. The AT&T model is sim locked to AT&T.
    qbngator likes this.
    09-16-2015 02:57 PM
    You do have one other purchase option. I bought mine directly from Motorola. If you buy through them you have the option to purchase MotoCare if that's your thing.

qbngator likes this.
    09-16-2015 04:01 PM
    I bought almost 2 months ago through Best Buy. I believe it is the exact same as from the Play Store. I popped in my new sim and there was no Verizon bloat to be found. I haven't looked recently but they were as low as 349.99 for the 32gb blue version last week.
    qbngator likes this.
    09-17-2015 08:07 PM
    As long as the carrier is a US carrier, the phones are the same, with one exception. The AT&T model is sim locked to AT&T.
    This and if you buy from Best Buy or Amazon right now, its alot cheaper. 349.99 will get you 32gb and 399.99 will get you the 64gb.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    qbngator likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:58 PM
    Don't wait, don't debate, and don't listen to the hate. It's as smooth as you can get, it's the best Nexus yet. So carry on my wayward son, buy a Nexus and have some fun.
    09-17-2015 10:23 PM
    I just got mine from Amazon a week ago. Terrific phone and a nice value with the killer sale price.

If you have T-Mobile service you might want to have their WFi calling feature, which requires a special build of Android. No problem. The phone will want to download and install the latest OS updates. Just choose to postpone them when you get the notice. After you have an activated T-Mobile SIM in the phone, then let the phone do the updates. It will automatically download the correct WiFi calling enabled OS version.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001
    qbngator likes this.
    09-17-2015 10:42 PM
    All phones (Google Play, Tmo, Verizon, Sprint) are unlocked and can be used on any carrier except the AT&T version (it is carrier locked).

Just got mine from Best Buy for the same price as Amazon. Waiting for my case to come in before using it. I currently have the Nexus 5 and am happy with it. I've always wanted a large screen phone with good specs but couldn't justify the price until it was reduced. Not to mention I didn't want Samsung as I hate Touch Wiz so I would have to root and ROM.
    qbngator likes this.
    09-18-2015 12:51 AM
    Best phone on the market. Also has a great price.

09-18-2015 06:27 AM
    I hate my N6 compared to my S6 edge. Camera sucks, no Gallery, battery is worse, a lot of the shortcuts are missing that raw Android takes more steps, front facing speakers can't be heard in pocket as well as my S6, I just hate it, only putting up with it just to test out Project Fi
    09-23-2015 10:33 AM
    hate my N6 compared to my S6 edge. Camera sucks, no Gallery, battery is worse, a lot of the shortcuts are missing that raw Android takes more steps, front facing speakers can't be heard in pocket as well as my S6, I just hate it, only putting up with it just to test out Project Fi
    That is why the Nexus experience isn't for you. You may prefer that your experience be dictated by both the OEM and the carrier, and there is nothing wrong with that. We like the Nexus experience because we get to dictate exactly how our phones work and each phone is customized to tailor that person's individual tastes and requirements. Nexus users tend to focus on Android and less on the overall ancillary hardware of the phone. For us, we like openess, customization, and the ability to make our phones our own. Again, that isn't for everyone as you have clearly stated that it isn't for you. Cheers!
    09-23-2015 11:51 AM
    Well ATT installed bloatware on the nexus 6. Amazon has a great deal for the 32 and 64 gig models. Take a look. I bought a 64 gig model and have to say its a great phone. Runs pure Android and runs smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    qbngator likes this.
    09-23-2015 10:09 PM
    The reason I posted was because every time I go back to Sammy, the phone works great the first 6 months, but then its own software gets in the way. I hate that I have to download a different launcher to get the Google experience.

09-26-2015 06:57 AM
    My N6 should actually be arriving any minute from Amazon...switching from Sammy for the she reasons...my s6 active can be timed with a sun dial on a cloudy day, it is SO slow.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active / Gear Circle - Pebble Time Steel
    09-26-2015 08:59 AM
    I hate my N6 compared to my S6 edge. Camera sucks, no Gallery, battery is worse, a lot of the shortcuts are missing that raw Android takes more steps, front facing speakers can't be heard in pocket as well as my S6, I just hate it, only putting up with it just to test out Project Fi
    Root that bad boy and flash a custom rom and all those "issues" will go away.

And who listens to their phone while it's in their pocket? Bluetooth headset all the way. Plus it drowns out your coworkers. :-)
    MattKerwin likes this.
    09-26-2015 09:06 AM

And who listens to their phone while it's in their pocket? Bluetooth headset all the way. Plus it drowns out your coworkers. :-)
    Ha-ha well said!

Nexus 6 - Pebble Time Steel
    09-27-2015 04:07 PM
    I have been using the Samsung Level U for Bluetooth and love them

09-27-2015 05:25 PM
    I had a gear circle...that stupid neck holder was a pain!

Nexus 6 - Pebble Time Steel
    09-27-2015 06:54 PM