Your friendly neighborhood "geezer" needs your guidance once again.

As discussed in a prior thread, my Verizon N6 received a system update a few days ago. I have tried, without success, to install this update several times.

Each time, my N6 reboots. I then get the dreaded little green man underneath whom is the legend "Error!" I hold down the power button and the phone does reboot to my home screen with no difficulty. However, the update has not been installed and it shows up as a new download several hours later.

My phone is rooted. However, updates for all other applications download and install without problems. And the device is working properly.

Thank you for any guidance. Now it's time for my morning Geritol . . .

Fred
    09-19-2015 08:21 AM
    Pretty sure you can not take an update when rooted. You can probably flash it manually.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-19-2015 08:48 AM
    How is that done, please?
    09-20-2015 06:11 PM
    What method did you use to root? I would just use that but download the updated version of Android

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-20-2015 07:29 PM
    Your friendly neighborhood "geezer" needs your guidance once again.

As discussed in a prior thread, my Verizon N6 received a system update a few days ago. I have tried, without success, to install this update several times.

Each time, my N6 reboots. I then get the dreaded little green man underneath whom is the legend "Error!" I hold down the power button and the phone does reboot to my home screen with no difficulty. However, the update has not been installed and it shows up as a new download several hours later.

My phone is rooted. However, updates for all other applications download and install without problems. And the device is working properly.

Thank you for any guidance. Now it's time for my morning Geritol . . .

Fred
    Do you have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your phone? Are you running Windows or Mac? Do you have ADB and/or Fastboot installed?
    09-21-2015 02:24 PM
    I don't now if I can post a link from another forum or not so I won't but there is a tread on XDA under Nexus 6 about getting updates on a rooted Nexus 6.
    09-21-2015 03:26 PM
    I just used Wugfresh to get it.
    09-24-2015 02:52 PM
    Unfortunately you cannot apply an OTA update if the device is rooted. If just the bootloader is unlocked then yes, but not if rooted. You can use NRT to sideload the OTA but you still need to have stock unmodified OS on the phone.
    09-26-2015 09:17 AM