Amazon bought Nexus 6 having T-Mobile Band 12 support issues in South Houston area

Nik Ivanov

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello folks,

This is my first post here though I've browsed for a while now.

I bought a 64GB Nexus 6 from the recent sale on Amazon. Love the phone, anyways...

I'm in the South Houston area, Clear Lake / NASA. I work in buildings where I rarely used to get signal on my old gnex and specifically wanted a phone that has band 12 support. Since I got the Nexus 6 I almost immediately noticed that there was no drastic improvement to my coverage indoors and began wondering what is up. In the last week I've researched about the LTE Engineering function and been monitoring my coverage trying to spot if I'm getting band 12 at all. For some reason I only appear to be getting Band 4 (period, no other bands) anytime I've had LTE coverage.

I spoke with T-Mobile about it earlier and their advanced customer support stated that this area is covered by band 12. Looking into the settings they checked that under preferred network type I have LTE (recommended) selected and Access Point Names was set to "T-Mobile GPRS" and that APN in that was set to fast.t-moble.com

After they verified this they said it's either a softwaer or hardware defect on my device and that I should try a complete factory reset of the device...

I'm a bit peeved since I've just got everything set up just the way I like it on the phone and don't necessarily want to start over.

Any advice before I start rooting and really hacking at this thing? I was hoping to avoid that for at least another year with this phone and just stay stock and up to date.

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Since I got my phone through Verizon, I decided to wait until the VZ warranty voids until I root my phone. Then I saw so many potential uses for root, and I decided to have a friend help me out with rooting it tomorrow morning....
I'm going to do everything I can to back up my phone. I'm going to run a backup programs and get a copy of all my files onto my computer.
But you should be able to use your warranty (if it's not already void) to get a new phone that will work with Band 12
Good luck!:)

drenfree

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey Nik
Are you still having that problem with tmo band 12 lte? Read that TMO just activated it via
Tmonews[.]com

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

drenfree

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Sorry had to place the brackets so it wouldn't convert the URL to a hyperlink. I don't have enough posts to paste URL's

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nik Ivanov

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
So the problem was that I didn't get any other bands except 4. I ended up doing a complete factory reset, which I wanted to avoid, and that seems to have solved my problem because I am seeing band 12 now showing up in certain areas/buildings..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12