SwiftKey keyboard

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I'm trying to the SwiftKey keyboard out again and was just wondering if here are any reports that it's a battery jig? The only reason I ask is because the stock Google keyboard uses about 135 mb of ram and I disabled it. l see that SwiftKey uses about the same amount of ram memory as well i was just curious about amount of battery power the stock keyboard uses uses. Im very anal about battery power as anyone else here is. So thats the reason why im asking . Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Been using SwiftKey for as long as I remember. Tried to stay all android pure and use Google keyboard for a while but nothing beats SwiftKey. No battery issues what so ever. Use away. Nexus 6 has plenty of ram to handle 135 mb for the keyboard. Enjoy the phone.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Been using SwiftKey for as long as I remember. Tried to stay all android pure and use Google keyboard for a while but nothing beats SwiftKey. No battery issues what so ever. Use away. Nexus 6 has plenty of ram to handle 135 mb for the keyboard. Enjoy the phone.
Hahaha thanks for the vote of confidence!! I have used with key keyboard on numerous Android phones before 1st generation Moto X, 2nd generation Moto X, Exedra. I also try to stick pure with the Google keyboard and it is a fantastic keyboard but what the Nexus 6 in particular, since you got a big 5.96 inch drain pretty much a six inch screen, it makes one hand typing and not Voice typing in the car and other one handed typing situation is extremely hard. Sorry. SwiftKey keyboard you can minimize on the right side and resize it and got so many more other options. And yes the algorithms for predictions and predictive typing a second to none. I try to stay pure Google for so long and I cant i coming back to the Google keyboard over and over and over again with every other keyboard option in the Play Store, but last night it. Once and for all let me disable the Google keyboard, let me compare the memory specs of both keyboards and they both use the same 135 megabytes of RAM memory. So I figured let me give it an official try again. Thanks again for your opinion / input.... I appreciate it.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I really liked Swiftkey but about 2 months in, it stopped capitalizing I. That bothered the heck outta me so I switched to another keyboard.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I really liked Swiftkey but about 2 months in, it stopped capitalizing I. That bothered the heck outta me so I switched to another keyboard.

It does that to me sometimes. When that happens, I long press on the little i and then tell it to not predict again and it removes it and starts capitalizing the I again.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It does that to me sometimes. When that happens, I long press on the little i and then tell it to not predict again and it removes it and starts capitalizing the I again.
Im trying this other keyboard called fancy keyboard because it allows you to set a custom picture as the keyboards theme does anyone know if Swiftkey allows you to do that at all?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Im trying this other keyboard called fancy keyboard because it allows you to set a custom picture as the keyboards theme does anyone know if Swiftkey allows you to do that at all?

SwiftKey doesn't do that, they just have a ton of themes now. Many are free and then they have some you can buy.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They have some themes with pictures with SwiftKey, but I couldn't stand that lol. SwiftKey is free and some of those picture themes are free.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
They have some themes with pictures with SwiftKey, but I couldn't stand that lol. SwiftKey is free and some of those picture themes are free.
Right but the picture themes with Swiftkey, do they allow you to set your own picture at all?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol