I'm on Verizon . does the nexus 6 not have the feature to use data while also using phone in calling mode ?

I hope you all never have to call Motorola for any issues or questions. , I just spent 40 mins trying to get question answered . I can't believe I couldn't get issue resolved, what a waste of time
    10-05-2015 11:34 AM
    You can. Might have to enable VoLTE in Verizon. I use AT&T and both run in parallel

Posted via Nexus 6 or Moto X Pure
    10-05-2015 11:36 AM
    Not sure way back then Verizon, you cannot surf in the internet while talking on the phone. Something to do with CDMA signal. Again I'm not sure. Only GSM phone can do both.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-05-2015 11:51 AM
    I was able to do it with htc phone
    10-05-2015 05:22 PM
    I'm on Verizon . does the nexus 6 not have the feature to use data while also using phone in calling mode ?

I hope you all never have to call Motorola for any issues or questions. , I just spent 40 mins trying to get question answered . I can't believe I couldn't get issue resolved, what a waste of time
    The problem is Verizon, not your phone. You have to get "Enhanced calling services" added to your account to get Volte. Then there are a couple of tricks to setting it up on the phone.
    10-05-2015 06:02 PM
    Not sure way back then Verizon, you cannot surf in the internet while talking on the phone. Something to do with CDMA signal. Again I'm not sure. Only GSM phone can do both.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I was able to do it with htc phone

If you are unable to use Voice & Data on a call this could be a CDMA limitation.

GSM Carriers (AT&T / T-Mobile) – Both can use voice and data at the same. Either on HSPA or on LTE (using VoLTE).
    CDMA Carriers (Sprint / Verizon) – These carriers can only handle voice or data. Not both at the same time… Unless using VoLTE. Verizon currently has VoLTE whereas Sprint doesn’t. You may be asking – why is this? My old phone did this... which I am sure it did. A more detailed explanation is below.
    [INFO]The older phones had two CDMA radios put in them (such as the S3 on Sprint). One dedicated to voice -- another dedicated to data. Therefore you could do voice and data. GSM has always been one radio because that one radio can do both tasks at the same time. They got around it on CDMA by simply adding another radio in there and dedicating each one to one task.
    Now they're getting rid of that second CDMA radio. So therefore you can only use talk, or data -- not both at the same time. Now if you're using VoLTE for your calls it will allow voice and data since the call will be going through LTE (as data) so it is technically then all data which would bypass this restriction.[/INFO]
    Lee_Bo and Bigleftyinaz like this.
    10-05-2015 06:17 PM
    Wanted to let others who might have this same problem, there is a fix.Yea and it works

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/12...-with-verizon/
    11-09-2015 08:22 PM
    Also of note, Wifi bypasses all of these issues, and will let you use data and voice at the same time as you're using two different radios.
    11-10-2015 10:54 PM
    Also of note, Wifi bypasses all of these issues, and will let you use data and voice at the same time as you're using two different radios.
    That didn't work for me.
    11-11-2015 11:28 AM