Hi guys, my partner and I both have the N6 and have been pretty impressed with battery life. That was until the latest software updated to 5.1.1, the battery life has pretty much been halved for both of us. There's nothing on the battery stats that stands out to me it just seems like the battery capacity half been cut in half. I used to get home from work with about 40-50% remaining. Now I have to charge it before I get home so it doesn't die. Any idea what happened here?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-06-2015 09:32 PM
    Hmm would you mind posting your battery Stat screenshot?

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3
    10-06-2015 09:35 PM
    That's today's situation, I mean only 54% left and 37 minutes screen time is not good lol. My brightness is at under a third.

Attached Thumbnails 5.1.1 Battery Performance-24898.jpg   5.1.1 Battery Performance-24901.jpg   5.1.1 Battery Performance-24899.jpg   5.1.1 Battery Performance-24900.jpg  
    10-06-2015 11:01 PM
    Sounds about the same as mine. Except for my partners is excellent compared to mine. I did notice mine was dropping bad for a bit and the Android OS service was awake for like 6 hours, but a restart fixed this, but it's still worse than hers. I checked this morning and settings are the same, both got Ambient Display and Adaptive Brightness switched on, although her brightness higher. Just checked mine now and I see Android OS has kept awake for 25mins, but I know I've not been using the phone that long and mostly been sleeping.

Here is a link to my post http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post4729820
    10-07-2015 02:29 AM
    Yeah I don't understand how a software update can have such a negative effect on the battery. It's unusable for me if it stays like this. Thinking about switching to the 6P, but I would feel bad selling this phone to anyone when the battery won't last at all. I might do a full reset once I've gotten through all the podcast I have downloaded.

10-07-2015 09:35 AM
    You may want to try disabling your William Hill app (and possibly Link Bubble, too, because of its "deep linking" set up) to see if it's keeping your phone "awake." Here's a post from an Apple forum about WH:

"Re: Location Services icon is always on and is draining my battery, any help? in response to coopthink
    Thought I'd update this even tho is an old post
    I had same issue and found out it was Williamhill Bookmaker app that was constantly keeping the icon there even when the app was closed
    Lord knows why a bookmaker needs gps as it's not like the app only shows betting events near you
    Hopefully this may help someone else and help my battery"

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4354160
    10-07-2015 09:47 AM
    OK thanks, I'll uninstall them for a bit and see how I go. That still doesn't explain my girlfriends phone though because she doesn't have either of those apps.

10-07-2015 05:48 PM
    I got my nexus 6 on Monday, but the Battery has been awesome. 2 hours of screen time, and 8 just hit 49 %. It's likely an app or another setting.
    10-07-2015 06:12 PM
    Uninstalled them and made no difference, just doing a factory reset and seeing if that helps.

10-08-2015 04:57 AM
    Why not just flash to 6? Or wait for the OTA knowing that the problem is temporary?
    My battery life has been off the chart since Monday!
    10-08-2015 11:14 AM
    I've heard marshmallow fixes this battery drain problem. I have it too. I have been turning airplane mode on for ten seconds then off to refresh the raid which seems to alleviate this bug.

10-08-2015 12:35 PM
    After every OS update, do a factory reset immediately after the Phone reboots from the update, don't do anything else. 5.1.1 is nice, 6.0 will be awesome

10-08-2015 01:49 PM
    Mojofilter9 Of the charts in a good or bad way?
    I don't feel that good about flashing it myself never no if I'm doing that stuff right or not, stresses me out lol. I wanted to see if it would get better after a reset because if not I might get the 6p, I really like the look of the 6p and if this battery life stays the same on my 6 no way I'm sticking with it. I'm pessimistic that marshmallow will change things, because from what I understand doze is only active when your phone isn't moving which for me is never because its always in my pocket. Pretty early to tell but so far the battery life seems to gotten a lot better after the reset, not back to what it was before 5.1.1 but definitely an improvement.
    10-08-2015 09:03 PM
    The battery problem has to do with parts of Android keeping the radio active for hours throughout the day. It is a bug and supposed to be fixed in marshmallow. My battery on my 6 was awesome before the last security update.

10-08-2015 11:30 PM
    The battery problem has to do with parts of Android keeping the radio active for hours throughout the day. It is a bug and supposed to be fixed in marshmallow. My battery on my 6 was awesome before the last security update.

OK cheers, in using it again after the reset the battery is no better ha-ha worth a shot. Guess I'll sit and wait for update.

10-08-2015 11:41 PM
    Mojofilter9 Of the charts in a good or bad way?
    I don't feel that good about flashing it myself never no if I'm doing that stuff right or not, stresses me out lol. I wanted to see if it would get better after a reset because if not I might get the 6p, I really like the look of the 6p and if this battery life stays the same on my 6 no way I'm sticking with it. I'm pessimistic that marshmallow will change things, because from what I understand doze is only active when your phone isn't moving which for me is never because its always in my pocket. Pretty early to tell but so far the battery life seems to gotten a lot better after the reset, not back to what it was before 5.1.1 but definitely an improvement.
    In a good way, I'm going between 2 and 3 times longer between charges (well, OK I'm not because I charge overnight anyway - but I could according to the projection).

I've gone from needing to charge up at my desk before I go home from work, to all day battery with no questions asked. I've not seen the battery go below 40% since I flashed - before it was on 40% by mid afternoon.

Doze seems to still work when it's in my pocket - I don't leave my phone on a desk.

If you're not comfortable flashing I'd suggest just living with it for the next week or 2 until the OTA update comes. I'm sure you'll see much better results.

Here's my battery stats screen - that should give you hope considering I was in the same boat as you 5 days ago.

10-09-2015 05:07 AM
    Cheers mate, if I can work up the courage tomorrow I might give it a shot otherwise I'll just wait it out. At least the nexus 6 will be sellable with decent battery life if I decide to get the 6P.

10-09-2015 08:34 AM