Nova or Google now launcher

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I figured before I lock my bootloader down and upgrade to marshmallow, I will try nova launcher again. Who prefers nova launcher versus Google now launcher battery usage of eyes and memory usage of Oz? I know it's all about customization and personal preference, but what is everyone favor here?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
BTW If you're going to flash M you need to unlock your bootloader and I would use nova IMO

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
BTW If you're going to flash M you need to unlock your bootloader and I would use nova IMO

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3
So my plan was to use the special Nexus 6 toolkit to locked bootloader now and get the over the air update for marshmallow and go from there. I've never ever flashed and image file for a software before. A little hesitant about that.

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I've Always stayed stock with Google now and loved it...Google now has become my main source for almost everything

Nexus 6 - Pebble Time Steel

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've Always stayed stock with Google now and loved it...Google now has become my main source for almost everything

Just out of curiosity we all know that Google pushed an update for the colorful Google search bar. Have you stay with that or reverted back to the owner of previous version. I have a funny feeling it takes up less battery usage too. I feel try again but I might go back to stock again. Google now knows me better than I know me sometimes which is everyone's opinion here I'm sure.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've stayed with the color...might be corny but I like the look

Hahaha no no no I'm not talking about being horny. Lol, I'm just wondering if the older version of the Google Search application uses less battery than the new colorful updated one.

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha no no no I'm not talking about being horny. Lol, I'm just wondering if the older version of the Google Search application uses less battery than the new colorful updated one.

I said corny, but nice try

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here noticed if the new new Google Search app uses more battery than the previous version?

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I used to be stock Google Now guy but had an app I hated the icon for and switched back to my old pro Nova account from years ago. I have to say it's smoother than stock and I do like the customization. Some of the gestures help me with the large screen, I just miss sliding a screen over for Google Now though I'm getting used to holding the home button.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I used to be stock Google Now guy but had an app I hated the icon for and switched back to my old pro Nova account from years ago. I have to say it's smoother than stock and I do like the customization. Some of the gestures help me with the large screen, I just miss sliding a screen over for Google Now though I'm getting used to holding the home button.
I've been weighing the pros and cons. I do miss just sliding over to the Google now cards page. I have it set to double tapping in the home screen goes to that page, but I still find it still weird. As for smoothness, I do find them both be just as smooth as. As far as customization , I do like the fact of having more apps in my dock bar vs first going into a folder, then launching the app. I might go back to the stock launcher though.

derdjango

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I really try to like the Google now launcher but always end up with either Nova or action 3. I hate the icon size and that some app names are too long and can't be edited. I hate that I have to reach to the top to get to the notifications. And then I hate that I can't hide apps in the drawer.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I really try to like the Google now launcher but always end up with either Nova or action 3. I hate the icon size and that some app names are too long and can't be edited. I hate that I have to reach to the top to get to the notifications. And then I hate that I can't hide apps in the drawer.
I like the fact that with the Google now launcher I can easily swipe over to see my cards. Its a really nice touch of course. I did go back to the stock launcher after all like I said before. There's just something that I like better about it.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
This is my first Nexus device and am getting used to the stock launcher. I'm not used to the app drawer scrolling down and miss some of the customization that I can have if I install Nova Launcher (my launcher of choice), but I do like swiping to the left for Google Now, which I use more than I admit. I'm also not used to having the search bar on every screen and a launcher that isn't very customizable. Also, I would like to have more than 4 icons on the bottom row. I'm going to stick it out for a month and see if it really bother me. I am getting used to it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is my first Nexus device and am getting used to the stock launcher. I'm not used to the app drawer scrolling down and miss some of the customization that I can have if I install Nova Launcher (my launcher of choice), but I do like swiping to the left for Google Now, which I use more than I admit. I'm also not used to having the search bar on every screen and a launcher that isn't very customizable. Also, I would like to have more than 4 icons on the bottom row. I'm going to stick it out for a month and see if it really bother me. I am getting used to it.
Yeah I hear ya. I'll unroot my phone soon when marshmallow becomes official for our phones. Other than that, I'm pretty content with how everything is setup for right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair